What you need to know
- The next major update for Minecraft will be the Nether Update, and it's shaping up to be a big one.
- This late in the development cycle, the update is only getting bug fixes and general improvements.
- The newest beta for the Bedrock Edition addresses some issues specifically relating to online play and account sign-in.
It seems we've been waiting for Minecraft's next big release, the Nether Update for absolutely forever, but the release should only be a few weeks out now. The newest beta for the Bedrock Edition on Windows 10, Xbox, and Android devices continues the recent trend of bug fixes and polish as we gear up for a public release. This particular beta focuses on fixes for online play and signing into accounts.
The notable fixes for this beta include:
- Fixes for several crashing related to signing in with Xbox Live / Microsoft Accounts.
- Fix for an issue related to signing in while offline.
- Fixes for various issues regarding signing in to and linking accounts on the Nintendo Switch.
- Fixes for an issue that prevented game invites from being sent properly on mobile devices.
That pretty much covers it. If you want to check out the full blog post, you can find that here, but there's not much there that we haven't already mentioned. If you're interested in jumping into the beta this late in the game, you can find our guide on how to do that here.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is a veritable, inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title is Resident Evil Village. This eerie game takes players to a snowy European village where Ethan must deal with witches, werewolves and more. Here's everything we know.
Review: The ThinkPad X13 Yoga doesn't do much new compared to the X390 Yoga
The X13 Yoga is a bridge between the budget L13 Yoga and premium X1 Yoga, but it crosses over in both directions. We take a look at who it's for and whether or not it's worth the dough.
Review: HP's Spectre x360 15 is gorgeous, but battery life disappoints
The HP Spectre x360 15 is a unique laptop, not only in its design, but because it's the only recent convertible available in this size. The 2020 model sweetens the deal even more with a vibrant, nearly borderless display and snappy performance. Is it worth the high price, though? Let's take a look.
These PC accessories will turn Minecraft into a whole other experience
Jumping into the world of Minecraft? Already involved and want to ameliorate your gaming experience? Check out these awesome accessories.