The current wave of Insider builds brings us the first round of features for the Windows 10 Creators Update, including Cortana improvements, an all-new Guide, and much more.
The fixes in today's patch repair issues with Cortana, the Store, Audio, and more. It also lists out some known issues Microsoft is working to fix.
OS version released: rs_xbox_dev_flight.170128-2057
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/1 (1:00AM GMT 2/2)
NEW QUESTS: New Quests are now available in the Xbox Insider Hub!
- Party & Multiplayer
- Activity Feed-back
- Game On!
- Resolved an issue which caused some See-It-Say-It content to fail to display on Home, Community, OneGuide, and Store.
- You should now be able to purchase in-game content for Battlefield 1 and Happy Wars.
- When attempting to launch a pre-ordered title from the Game Hub, the title now displays the correct "too early" error message.
- In-game and headset audio should work normally when switching between apps or resuming app from connected standby.
- Trove now launches correctly when the console is set to a locale other than en-US\USA.
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
- Fixed an issue which caused Dishonored: Definitive Edition to crash after launch with the console set to pt-BR\Brazil
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
- Fixed an issue which caused in-game text to fail to display in Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.
- When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- With profile sign-in settings set to "Lock it down", you may be unable to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Jump tab fail to launch the webpage.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Stay tuned for more from the Xbox Insider Program.
Jez Corden is a Senior Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
What ring/tier of insiders is this for?
Alpha I believe, not sure if other rings have been filled yet.
Starts @ Alpha, then rolls out to others a few days later.
The update actually came out yesterday for alpha and jez to answer your ? Preview beta has been was sent out over the weekend for invites into it
Yep, I installed it yesterday at exactly 6pm PT/9pm ET.
Yeah I got my beta invite message two days ago and it's showing pending jn the hub atm.
xbox insider app won't load on my system. Got a message saying xbox insider app is the way to opt out of this build by midnight. Guess I'll have this build when I get home.
Yeaaaa ploydd im loving wat I've got so far so much smoother new guide nice
So you've got the beta and it already updated?
The new guide is very nice. I like it much better than any other so far.
I'm a Xbox insider and I'm not getting anything not even the last one? Since they changed it I used to get them before
Only a select few are alpha testers
They said everyone who was in the preview program would initially migrate to alpha. Your participation in the insider program over time will determine where you sit. If you don't do the quests, submit feedback or participate in bug bash, you will be demoted to beta, etc. That being said, Alpha is still rolling out in waves. I was notified that my opt-out moment was midnight on 2/2/2017.
Downloading at this very moment.
Hmm I wish
One thing that is killing me is that the *new* experience broke my Movies and TV app and no sound plays from it... though all system sounds play from the app the actual tracks for the movies do not... other than that it's something different... the pop up menu rather than home dump from the button is a bit annoying at the moment but i'll get used to it... and although it's snappy for somethings... others such as voice command have taken a SERIOUS hit in responsiveness... where as before commands after brining up *hey cortana* would register consistently, now i'll get a cannot connect to the internet or it will simply remain on the listening pop-up
have you reported the issue back to the Insider program?
Yes ploydd im in the alpha
I wish they would create an update that would allow Xbox owners to dim or turn off the Xbox light on the controller.
Mm nice idea 💡
Love the new menu! Everything else is garbage though! Be warned! If you like watching the Flash or Arrow on the CW app, no worky! Battlefield 1 has issues with the graphics popping in now. This menu is faster, but everything else feels slower. I tried doing a factory reset, but keeping all games/apps... that helped a little, but not much. Oh and the preview or insider app won't open, so you can't opt out of updates/provide feedback from the Xbox.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.