What you need to know
- 343 Industries has announced the next PC test flight for Halo: Reach.
- This flight will contain the most available content out of any flight so far.
- 343 Industries is intending to get the flight out "as quickly as possible."
- Once it's live, the test flight is expected to last a week.
Halo developer 343 Industries has announced in a blog post that the next PC test flight for Halo: Reach is on the way, and that it will offer the most content out of all of the flights so far. Whereas previous tests have each focused on campaign, Firefight, or player vs. player matchmaking individually, this upcoming flight will contain a mix of all three of those types of content.
Here's a full breakdown of everything that you'll be able to play if you're selected for the test.
- Players will be able to play both the Noble Actual and Winter Contingency missions.
- Both Normal and Heroic Firefight will be available on the maps Beachhead, Corvette, and Holdout.
- 2 vs. 2 Slayer will be available on the maps Countdown, Powerhouse, and Zealot.
- 4 vs. 4 Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, and Action Sack will be available on the same maps, as well as Tempest.
- 8 vs. 8 will be available as well, in the form of Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, and Asset Denial on the maps Tempest, Breakpoint, and Ridgeline.
- Halo: Reach Team Hardcore will be available and will feature Slayer and Capture the Flag on the Countdown and Zealot maps.
- Halo: Reach's Invasion mode will also be up and running on the map Breakpoint.
The flight is expected to enter the private internal testing phase on Monday, October 21, and if all goes well, it's likely that this flight will go live sometime later in the week, as 343 Industries stated it wants to get it out "as quickly as possible." Once the flight does launch, the developer has said that it expects it to last a week.
Considering the fact that the previous Halo: Reach flight was sent out to 50,000 players, it's very likely that this next one will include a similar amount of people, and potentially even more. It's for this reason that we strongly advise signing up for the Halo Insider Program if you haven't done so already, as you'll have a very good chance of getting to play Halo: Reach on PC when this flight begins. It's the best possible way to help 343 Industries bring Halo: Reach to the PC platform, and you'll also get to help them test the rest of the Halo games from The Master Chief Collection when they undergo the same process.
If you're looking to get in on some Halo action right now, though, make sure to check out the Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.
Finish the fight
Experience the entirety of Halo history
The Master Chief Collection is a collection of every Halo shooter from the pre-Xbox One era, offering incredible value at an incredible price.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.