What you need to know
- No Man's Sky has received numerous updates since its launch in 2016.
- The last major update, Beyond, added VR support and other features.
- The next update, Synthesis, is set to be available tomorrow, adding multiple quality of life improvements.
- You can grab No Man's Sky for $28 on Amazon.
No Man's Sky has been the recipient of seven different major updates, all of which have added new features and improvements to the game. Hello Games isn't done yet and has announced the eighth update, which is titled Synthesis. This update is aimed at adding different smaller features.
Here's a list of everything being added:
- Multiple Multi-Tools: when one Multi-Tool is not enough!
- Terrain Editor Enhancements: flatten or restore terrain at the press of a button.
- VR Creature Riding: saddle up on your favorite pet in full Virtual Reality.
- First Person Exocraft: now available to non-VR and VR players alike.
- Personal Refiner: refine materials on the go, wherever you are.
- Multiple Outfits: save a range of custom outfits to quick change into.
- VR Photo Mode: see an amazing vista in VR? Shoot it and share it.
- Starship Scrapping and Upgrading: trade in unwanted ships for valuable technologies or upgrade them.
- New Technologies: long-distance inventory management; mid-air jetpack recharging; emergency warping to flee from combat.
- New Base Parts: square is good, triangle is better!
- Starship Space Map Enhancements: improved quality and clarity of the visuals.
Earlier this year, Hello Games released the Beyond update, which added a fair bit including VR support. With all of these different additions, players of No Man's Sky have even more to look forward to. The Synthesis update is set to release on November 28.
Into the heavens
Take flight, now in VR
No Man's Sky: Beyond is packaged in a physical release, with all the new DLC printed on the disc, so everything is in one easy location.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Two free apps make Surface Duo easier to share screenshots, browse the web
Surface Duo owners will want to check out these two new (and free) helper apps that help make life easier. One lets you pick which display to share in a screenshot, while the other always forces the web browser to open on the second display. Need more info? Here is what you need to know and where to get these apps.
Windows 10 build 20246 here for Insiders, signals end of Calendar preview
Microsoft shipped a new Insider build out to those enrolled in the Dev channel today, build 20246. This release also marks the first build from the FE_RELEASE branch, otherwise known as "Iron."
Want the latest GPUs from NVIDIA? Here's where to find them.
NVIDIA new Ampere-powered GeForce RTX 30-series GPUs are here, and as expected they're selling fast. Here's where you can find the new hardware.
Replace your Xbox Bluray player with these 4K UHD Bluray Players
While the specs and price of the Xbox Series S make it tempting, what can you do with all your 4K UHD Blurays? Buy a player, that's what.