No Man's Sky 'Visions' update enhances exploration, adds rainbows (update)
No Man's Sky is about to get even better.
Updated November 21, 2018: No Man's Sky: Visions should launch on November 22. The patch is free for all owners.
Ever since No Man's Sky launched on Xbox One, gamers have been asking for more environmental variety on planets and across various solar system. For example, land on certain planets needed more life forms and structures to explore. Luckily, Hello Games heard these requests and the team is working on the "Visions" update for the game.
Visions focuses on random exploration and adds more variety to the experience. With this upcoming patch (Update 1.75), you can expect the following features:
- Greater palette variety for vibrant planets that look much more colorful than before.
- Collectible exploration trophies which can be displayed in a base.
- Procedurally-generated crash sites for you to explore with unique rewards like hard-to-find materials.
- New fauna like living rocks and crystal enemies that attack you in new ways.
- Debris and abandoned alien technology can now be salvaged and sold instead of simply being useless.
- More biomes for each planet add to the variety and enhance exploration.
- Corrupted Sentinel Drones now exist and are incredibly dangerous.
- You can find rare lucrative skeletons if you fancy archaeology and paleontology.
- New emotes are being added which give you even more ways to communicate in multiplayer.
- Community missions are now global so that they're attainable.
- Rainbows can be seen on planets and they look gorgeous.
- More anomalous planets with floating crystals and other gravitational oddities.
- Certain crystals will now be "activated" during storms and you can collect them.
- You can create fireworks and put on a show.
- New base parts will also be added to encourage personalization.
Which additions are you most excited about? Let us know. It's great to see that Hello Games is aggressively supporting No Man's Sky since its Xbox One launch.
No Man's Sky is a science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, each orbited by planets filled with life, and you can go to any of them you choose. In this procedurally-generated universe, you'll discover places and creatures that no other player has seen before. However, a mystery lies at the center of the galaxy, an irresistible pulse that draws you on a voyage to discover the true nature of the universe.
505 Games only published the physical version for Xbox One, and Hello Games went through the ID@Xbox program to launch the digital edition.
- See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Game business is small, lost trust once and you are pretty much done...