We’ve covered Nokia’s App Social before, it’s the great app on Lumia devices that makes app discovery a bit more social. It started out on Windows Phone as a product called App Highlights, but has morphed over time. It was only a matter of time, but App Social is now available on Windows 8. Let’s check it out.
App Social is a fun way to find new apps. It’s a pretty good mix between an app store and a social network. You can find app that’s your friends are using and recommend, but you can also follow popular users to see what apps they’re digging at a given moment. The Windows 8 version seems pretty similar to the one on Windows Phone. Here’s what it features:
- Browse & Download apps recommended by App Social most popular users
- Sign up create your own profile and your own list of apps to share with your friends and the whole community
- Get followers and climb up the leaderboard
- Search for apps, app lists and even users to save time
- All both for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 apps to enjoy an amazing companionship experience
App Social on Windows 8 is pretty great. On the Windows Phone version of App Social you’re going to be discovering and adding Windows Phone apps. However, with App Social for Windows 8 you can add and browse for both Windows Phone and Windows 8 apps. Which is really great because it’s a bit harder right now to find quality apps for Windows 8.
So right now App Social is a Lumia 2520 exclusive, but it might not always be. Would you use App Social if it was available on all Windows 8 machines? ;)
Want to try out the Windows 8 version of App Social? Grab it for your Lumia 2520 for free in the Windows Store.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.