We’ve covered Nokia’s App Social before, it’s the great app on Lumia devices that makes app discovery a bit more social. It started out on Windows Phone as a product called App Highlights, but has morphed over time. It was only a matter of time, but App Social is now available on Windows 8. Let’s check it out.
App Social is a fun way to find new apps. It’s a pretty good mix between an app store and a social network. You can find app that’s your friends are using and recommend, but you can also follow popular users to see what apps they’re digging at a given moment. The Windows 8 version seems pretty similar to the one on Windows Phone. Here’s what it features:
- Browse & Download apps recommended by App Social most popular users
- Sign up create your own profile and your own list of apps to share with your friends and the whole community
- Get followers and climb up the leaderboard
- Search for apps, app lists and even users to save time
- All both for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 apps to enjoy an amazing companionship experience
App Social on Windows 8 is pretty great. On the Windows Phone version of App Social you’re going to be discovering and adding Windows Phone apps. However, with App Social for Windows 8 you can add and browse for both Windows Phone and Windows 8 apps. Which is really great because it’s a bit harder right now to find quality apps for Windows 8.
So right now App Social is a Lumia 2520 exclusive, but it might not always be. Would you use App Social if it was available on all Windows 8 machines? ;)
Want to try out the Windows 8 version of App Social? Grab it for your Lumia 2520 for free in the Windows Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.