The latest episode of our Xbox podcast, the 'OneCast', is now available; accessible through major podcast distribution services. Matt and Jez return to discuss the latest Xbox news, including 2K's E3 promises, Ubisoft's Vivendi takeover, recent Xbox Live outages and more. We also discuss how shooters have changed over the years and whether a return to the 20th Century may revitalize the genre.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'OneCast Windows'.
OneCast is our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, hosted by the staff of Windows Central. A new episode of the OneCast is recorded each week, with topics surrounding Microsoft news and the gaming industry.
This week's discussions
- 00:00:00 - Announcing the return of the official Windows Central Podcast!
- 00:02:35 - SUPERHOT Impressions
- 00:16:00 - Battalion 1944's Kickstarter
- 00:17:25 - Is modern-age Call of Duty getting stale?
- 00:24:05 - Battlefield 5 reportedly takes place during the First World War
- 00:40:30 - Frequent Xbox Live outages
- 00:56:20 - Vivendi attempting to take the reigns at Ubisoft
- 01:08:20 - 2K's E3 2016 lineup
This week's hosts
Every week we'll be discussing an Xbox or Microsoft-related hypothetical question from the audience, so make sure to submit them via our Twitter accounts (@mattjbrown and @JezCorden) using the #OneCast hashtag, via email, or in the comments below!
Further reading on this week's topics
- World War I themed Battlefield game reportedly releasing later this year
- Xbox head says that he is 'very sorry' for the continued Xbox Live issues
- This Week in Xbox - Ubisoft takeover fears, 'Alan Wake's Return' and more!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Windows Hello is now more accurate with new Windows 10 updates
A new cumulative update is now rolling out for Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903. This latest round of fixes includes an update to the accuracy of Windows Hello, along with several other tweaks.
Microsoft Edge Dev channel snags 3D view for developers in latest update
A fresh update is rolling out to the Microsoft Edge Dev channel today, bringing a 3D view tool for developers and more. Microsoft has also confirmed it's discussing bringing back features like "Set Aside" for tabs.
Microsoft's Project Tokyo uses AI to help blind people recognize faces
A new post from Microsoft shares how a converted HoloLens and Project Tokyo help blind people recognize faces. Spatial audio and well-designed cues help people and tech work together to improve conversations.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.