Whether you're an Insider or not, OneNote is getting plenty of new features to check out today. Announced by OneNote product manager William Devereux, the latest updates bring new Start menu tile options, formatting tweaks, and even Microsoft Translator integration.
If you're not an Insider, you'll see an update to OneNote version 16.0.10325.20049 with the following features:
- You can now pin a "New Page" tile to the Start menu for quicker access.
- New transparent version of OneNote's Live Tile
- Online Video button on the Ribbon's Insert tab makes it easy to embed videos.
- Paste options now let you decide whether to keep source formatting, merge formatting, or just keep the text.
If you're an Insider, you'll see a much longer list of new features rolling out starting today. Here's a look:
- Option to include source links when you paste. Cut, copy, and paste also now appear on the Ribbon.
- Some Insiders may see the simplified Ribbon Microsoft announced last month.
- New table options let you hide borders, quickly select a range of cells, and choose whether to include the heading when sorting.
- Symbol gallery added to the Ribbon.
- Two new eraser sizes are now available from the Draw interface.
- Microsoft Translator is now integrated with OneNote, available from the View tab.
It's been a while since we've seen a major update roll out to OneNote, so these changes are nice to see for fans of the app. To check out all of what's new, you can grab the latest version of OneNote from the Microsoft Store now. If you don't see the update right away, it's likely still rolling out and will be available soon.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.