A new batch of features is now available for testing in the OneNote app for Windows 10. Fast ring Windows Insiders enrolled in Skip Ahead can get their hands on the update, which packs in tweaks related to your notebooks, pens, and tracking changes made in shared notebooks.
The biggest change in this release is that you can now migrate a personal set of pens and highlighters for inking across OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on Windows and iOS devices. You can also now move your notebooks from your hard drive to OneDrive, allowing you to access them anywhere. The notification center will also now show you changes made to a shared notebook stored in OneDrive.
Here's a look at all of what's new in OneNote (opens in new tab) version 17.9126.2036:
- Take your pens with you: Choose a personal set of pens and highlighters for inking. Your customized set is available on all your Windows PCs and iOS devices across OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Access your notebooks from anywhere: Move notebooks stored on your hard drive to OneDrive and get the full benefits of OneNote such as accessing your notebooks from any device, collaborating with other people, and using intelligent services.
- Open recent notebooks: We'll suggest notebooks that you've recently used on one device that you might want to open on another.
- See what's changed: Receive notifications when someone makes a change in a shared notebook stored in OneDrive.
- Help shape the future of Office: Become an Office Insider, get early access to new releases, and tell us what you think. To get started, open Settings and follow the steps to join the Office Insider program.
Windows and Office Insiders should be able to grab the latest update from the Microsoft Store now. Should testing go well, expect to see these new features roll out broadly to all OneNote users later in March.
See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
I'm really hoping they improve the pairing of printouts and writing. I don't like setting them as the background because it makes them impossible to move, but I wish there was a way to "attach" writing and highlighting to the printout so it would move with it.
If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, I've encountered the same issue and hope they can make that easier in the future. But as a work around can't you just select all and then move everything together?
I've had massive sync issues with OneNote since a year. It always errors out. Tried an app reset, resync, etc. Nothiing fixes it. I've sent a complete diagnostics log and hope they read it :-)
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.