A new batch of features is now available for testing in the OneNote app for Windows 10. Fast ring Windows Insiders enrolled in Skip Ahead can get their hands on the update, which packs in tweaks related to your notebooks, pens, and tracking changes made in shared notebooks.
The biggest change in this release is that you can now migrate a personal set of pens and highlighters for inking across OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on Windows and iOS devices. You can also now move your notebooks from your hard drive to OneDrive, allowing you to access them anywhere. The notification center will also now show you changes made to a shared notebook stored in OneDrive.
Here's a look at all of what's new in OneNote version 17.9126.2036:
- Take your pens with you: Choose a personal set of pens and highlighters for inking. Your customized set is available on all your Windows PCs and iOS devices across OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Access your notebooks from anywhere: Move notebooks stored on your hard drive to OneDrive and get the full benefits of OneNote such as accessing your notebooks from any device, collaborating with other people, and using intelligent services.
- Open recent notebooks: We'll suggest notebooks that you've recently used on one device that you might want to open on another.
- See what's changed: Receive notifications when someone makes a change in a shared notebook stored in OneDrive.
- Help shape the future of Office: Become an Office Insider, get early access to new releases, and tell us what you think. To get started, open Settings and follow the steps to join the Office Insider program.
Windows and Office Insiders should be able to grab the latest update from the Microsoft Store now. Should testing go well, expect to see these new features roll out broadly to all OneNote users later in March.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.