Last week, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) received it's "1.0 update," following eight months of record-breaking success with its captivating "Battle Royale" gameplay. After securing 30 million players, the game left Steam's Early Access program, while debuting the game's second map, vaulting, and various other features.
Following last week's content release, PUBG has received its first post-launch update, delivering various tweaks and fixes for PC players. Alongside the update, the game's developer, Bluehole, has also addressed issues surrounding lag and "rubber-banding," which saw an increase following the full release.
Attributing lag and connectivity issues to several factors, Bluehole has committed to working on these issues and delivering fixes over time. While today's update promises further optimization of servers, the team is expected to run more internal tests, before deploying further updates that target these issues.
In this patch, we have removed some inefficiencies in server infrastructure and optimized in-game servers to alleviate the problem. More specifically, we made adjustments to reduce the bottleneck during the game server launch phase and also resolved some server hitch issues.
On top of stability of core gameplay itself, the first update also rolls out various other tweaks to the game's PC version. Among the changes is removing the weight on map selection, which favored Miramar over the launch period, changes to replays, and a whole load of bug fixes. Here's a look at the full changelog, as provided by Bluehole.
- Changed the map selection ratio to be equal for Erangel and Miramar.
- Adjusted replay system so that players can only view game replays from 3 minutes after death. This is to prevent sharing opponent's positions to surviving teammates immediately after death.
- Fixed the issue where some buildings and objects were not marked on the Miramar world map.
- Reduced occurrences of the issue where replays occasionally crashed back to the lobby screen. On restarting a replay, it will continue where last viewed.
- Fixed the issue where the beginning of the Death Cam and replay was missing.
- Fixed the issue where players couldn't earn BP. (We will update with a compensation plan soon.)
- Fixed the issue where players could die unexpectedly from fall damage.
- Fixed the issue where bullets couldn't penetrate particular fences from both sides.
Upon starting PUBG via Steam, the game's mandatory 1GB update will be downloaded automatically. What do you think of the changes in today's patch? Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments below.
- What's missing from PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds for Xbox One, compared to PC
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) for PC ultimate guide
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) now available
With just a few days to spare, Microsoft began the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The update includes a new Cortana UI, improvements to Virtual Desktops, and several other changes.
Review: Windows 10 May 2020 Update packs improvements to existing features
Microsoft's next Windows 10 feature update is almost here. Known as the May 2020 Update, this new version of Windows 10 is all about fit and finish. There's not a whole lot new here in regard to features, but plenty of changes and enhancements to features that have already been part of the OS for some time. In this review, we take a look at all the notable new changes and improvements,...
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!