PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) has received a new update on Xbox One, delivering new features and fixes to the Xbox Game Preview version. The game's twelfth update promises to improve stability and balance on the console while debuting a new cosmetic crate based on a western theme.
The "Western Military Crate" introduces a new pool of randomized gear, including new tops, trousers, boots, and other cosmetic items. Among the most coveted gear in the crate is a black military skirt, white cowboy hat, and faux leather jacket. Drop rates start at 20 percent for standard items, while the skirt sees a drop rate of just 0.0064 percent. Further details on the crate's contents can be seen in our cohesive list of PUBG cosmetic items.
This week's update also delivers a lengthy list of tweaks and fixes, affecting gameplay balancing, user interface stability and other aspects of the game. Changes have also been made to the backbone of vehicle and grass systems, further optimizing for the console.
For a full list of changes, check out the latest update changelog, as provided by Ryan Rigney, Communications Lead for PUBG.
As of tomorrow, Patch #12 will hit live servers. This time around we've got some crucial bug fixes and optimizations for various parts of the game.
Optimization and Stabilization
- Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
- Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
- Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.
- Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
- Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
- The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
- Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.
- Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
- Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
- Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
- Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
- Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
- Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane
Other Bug Fixes
- Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
- Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.
- Scheduled fixes for identified issues
- When changing the deadzone settings in the lobby, the options screen needs to be opened once again for the settings to be reflected. This issue will be fixed soon.
- Added a new free crate ("Western Military Crate") that can be earned with BP.
What do you think of today's changes? Make sure to drop into the comments with your thoughts.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.