Pure Hold'em, the casino-style poker title for Xbox One and PC, has picked up an update that should make throwing your hat into tournaments much easier. New tournament modes include private and scheduled, and tournaments should now start even faster as well.
Here's a breakdown of what you can expect from the this update:
- Private Tournaments – Players can set up a private tournament and invite up to 7 of their friends to the table.
- Scheduled Tournaments – Scheduled tournaments allow players to join time controlled tournaments played on defined tables. Players can join the tournament table 15 minutes before it starts. As an added bonus for taking part in these scheduled tournaments, a bigger prize pot is available, and players will get more XP enabling them to level up quicker.
- Faster Tournament Starts – A timer will now appear once 4 or more players are sitting at a tournament table. Once the timer reaches zero, the tournament will start.
- Party Invites – Pure Hold'em now supports console created parties. Players can take their current party into all game modes except for non-private tournaments.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
Lastly, Ripstone, the publisher behind Pure Hold'em, has announced new DLC coming to the game in the form of a steampunk-themed deck. The deck, which you can get a sneak peek of in the video below, will be available for purchase starting July 13.
If you're a Pure Hold'em player, you should be able to check out all of the latest changes after updating your game. If you have yet to try the game, you can pick it up from the Xbox Store or Steam for $20.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.