Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is set to kick off its third year of post-launch content, with an upcoming expansion titled "Operation Chimera." Diverging from the game's competitive nature, Chimera delivers a fantasy cooperative event, "Outbreak," themed around a zombie epidemic.
While the focus lies on Outbreak, the mode is also accompanied by "Outbreak Packs." Opening a new way to secure rewards, these packs house an exclusive collection of themed cosmetics. Here's everything we know about Outbreak Packs so far.
What are Outbreak Packs?
Ubisoft implemented Rainbow Six Siege's "Alpha Packs" last year, which were randomized loot drops for cosmetic content. Building on the existing roster of weapon skins, collectible charms, and armor variants, the system provided a regular way to earn through gameplay.
Operation Chimera will introduce a successor to Alpha Packs, "Outbreak Packs," which take advantage of similar randomized drops. Tying directly into Outbreak, these will provide access to exclusive gear based on its biohazard theme.
The biggest change with Outbreak Packs is their tie to real-world money, requiring the game's premium currency, R6 Credits. This means there will be no way to obtain Outbreak Packs for free, aside from four complementary packs distributed to mark their release. Luckily, no duplicates can be received from Outbreak Packs, so you won't be wasting money on previously-unlocked gear.
What items are included in Outbreak Packs?
There are 50 unique cosmetic items in the Outbreak Pack content pool, with no crossover with Alpha Pack offerings. Each pack contains one Outbreak event item, and with no duplicates, buying 50 guarantees the complete Outbreak collection. Inside these packs are weapon skins, headgear, uniforms, and charms, including Hazmat suits and an Elite skin for Ash. All content included in the Outbreak pool varies in rarity, falling between rare and legendary.
Ahead of the the expansion's upcoming release, we've obtained a list of all Outbreak Pack content, via the game's Technical Test Server.
- Universal – Retro Steel Weapon Skin (Legendary)
- Spear .308 for Finka – Hemorrhage Weapon Skin (Legendary)
- V308 for Lion – Hemorrhage Weapon Skin (Legendary)
- Universal – Outbreak Code Red Weapon Skin (Epic)
- 556xi for Thermite – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- 9x19VSN for Kapkan, Tachanka – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- SG-CQB for Lion, Doc, Rock, Twitch – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- SK 4-12 for Buck – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- AK-12 for Fuze – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- Bearing 9 for Echo, Hibana – Toxic Grip Weapon Skin (Rare)
- LMG-E for Zofia – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- OTs-03 for Glaz – Toxic Grip Weapon Skin (Rare)
- R4-C for Ash – Toxic Grip Weapon Skin (Rare)
- SMG-11 for Sledge, Smoke – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- T-95 LSW for Ying – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- Universal – Parasite Six Charm (Epic)
- Universal – Infected Longhorn Charm (Rare)
- Universal – Parasite Breach Charm (Rare)
- Universal – R6 CBRN Charm (Rare)
- Universal – Spoopy Charm (Rare)
- Ash – Elite Uniform (Legendary)
- Lion – Decontamination Uniform (Legendary)
- Finka – Decontamination Uniform (Legendary)
- Buck – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Smoke – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Ying – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Kapkan – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Ash – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Doc – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Fuze – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Glaz – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Hibana – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Tachanka – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Thermite – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Zofia – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Doc – Isolation Headgear (Legendary)
- Smoke – Isolation Headgear (Legendary)
- Ash – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Glaz – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Tachanka – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Thermite – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Buck – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Finka – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Fuze – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Hibana – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Kapkan – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Lion – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Ying – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Zofia – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
While opening Outbreak Packs, all of the above content can be dropped in a randomized order.
How do you get Outbreak Packs?
The Outbreak event is set to run from March 6, 2018, until April 3, 2018. Ubisoft plans to distribute four Outbreak Packs to all users logging in over this period, meaning you won't have to buy all 50 Outbreak Packs. New players who purchase the game's "Advanced Edition" will be rewarded 10 further Outbreak Packs.
During this four-week period, Outbreak Packs will also be available for purchase. Outbreak Packs will cost 300 R6 Credits each, which depending on the number of credits purchased, roughly varies between $1 and $3. Factoring in the four free packs for most players, you'll pay a minimum of 13,800 R6 credits (around $90) for the complete collection. Owners of the game's Year 3 Season Pass will recieve a further 10 percent discount.
Outbreak Packs will be found under the "Packs" section of the main menu, in the same location where Alpha Packs are located. From here, packs can be purchased and opened.
After the event concludes, both the Outbreak game mode and Outbreak Packs will be inaccessible. Unlocked Outbreak items will remain usable and may end up as a rarity on the battlefield.
What do you think of Outbreak Packs so far? Are you planning to buy the complete collection? Make sure to drop your thoughts in the comments.
Updated March 6, 2018: We've revised this guide for the Outbreak Pack launch.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.