Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is set to kick off its third year of post-launch content, with an upcoming expansion titled "Operation Chimera." Diverging from the game's competitive nature, Chimera delivers a fantasy cooperative event, "Outbreak," themed around a zombie epidemic.
While the focus lies on Outbreak, the mode is also accompanied by "Outbreak Packs." Opening a new way to secure rewards, these packs house an exclusive collection of themed cosmetics. Here's everything we know about Outbreak Packs so far.
What are Outbreak Packs?
Ubisoft implemented Rainbow Six Siege's "Alpha Packs" last year, which were randomized loot drops for cosmetic content. Building on the existing roster of weapon skins, collectible charms, and armor variants, the system provided a regular way to earn through gameplay.
Operation Chimera will introduce a successor to Alpha Packs, "Outbreak Packs," which take advantage of similar randomized drops. Tying directly into Outbreak, these will provide access to exclusive gear based on its biohazard theme.
The biggest change with Outbreak Packs is their tie to real-world money, requiring the game's premium currency, R6 Credits. This means there will be no way to obtain Outbreak Packs for free, aside from four complementary packs distributed to mark their release. Luckily, no duplicates can be received from Outbreak Packs, so you won't be wasting money on previously-unlocked gear.
What items are included in Outbreak Packs?
There are 50 unique cosmetic items in the Outbreak Pack content pool, with no crossover with Alpha Pack offerings. Each pack contains one Outbreak event item, and with no duplicates, buying 50 guarantees the complete Outbreak collection. Inside these packs are weapon skins, headgear, uniforms, and charms, including Hazmat suits and an Elite skin for Ash. All content included in the Outbreak pool varies in rarity, falling between rare and legendary.
Ahead of the the expansion's upcoming release, we've obtained a list of all Outbreak Pack content, via the game's Technical Test Server.
- Universal – Retro Steel Weapon Skin (Legendary)
- Spear .308 for Finka – Hemorrhage Weapon Skin (Legendary)
- V308 for Lion – Hemorrhage Weapon Skin (Legendary)
- Universal – Outbreak Code Red Weapon Skin (Epic)
- 556xi for Thermite – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- 9x19VSN for Kapkan, Tachanka – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- SG-CQB for Lion, Doc, Rock, Twitch – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- SK 4-12 for Buck – Septicemia Weapon Skin (Epic)
- AK-12 for Fuze – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- Bearing 9 for Echo, Hibana – Toxic Grip Weapon Skin (Rare)
- LMG-E for Zofia – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- OTs-03 for Glaz – Toxic Grip Weapon Skin (Rare)
- R4-C for Ash – Toxic Grip Weapon Skin (Rare)
- SMG-11 for Sledge, Smoke – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- T-95 LSW for Ying – Hazmat Yellow Weapon Skin (Rare)
- Universal – Parasite Six Charm (Epic)
- Universal – Infected Longhorn Charm (Rare)
- Universal – Parasite Breach Charm (Rare)
- Universal – R6 CBRN Charm (Rare)
- Universal – Spoopy Charm (Rare)
- Ash – Elite Uniform (Legendary)
- Lion – Decontamination Uniform (Legendary)
- Finka – Decontamination Uniform (Legendary)
- Buck – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Smoke – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Ying – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Kapkan – Decontamination Uniform (Epic)
- Ash – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Doc – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Fuze – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Glaz – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Hibana – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Tachanka – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Thermite – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Zofia – Decontamination Uniform (Rare)
- Doc – Isolation Headgear (Legendary)
- Smoke – Isolation Headgear (Legendary)
- Ash – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Glaz – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Tachanka – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Thermite – Isolation Headgear (Epic)
- Buck – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Finka – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Fuze – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Hibana – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Kapkan – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Lion – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Ying – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
- Zofia – Isolation Headgear (Rare)
While opening Outbreak Packs, all of the above content can be dropped in a randomized order.
How do you get Outbreak Packs?
The Outbreak event is set to run from March 6, 2018, until April 3, 2018. Ubisoft plans to distribute four Outbreak Packs to all users logging in over this period, meaning you won't have to buy all 50 Outbreak Packs. New players who purchase the game's "Advanced Edition" will be rewarded 10 further Outbreak Packs.
During this four-week period, Outbreak Packs will also be available for purchase. Outbreak Packs will cost 300 R6 Credits each, which depending on the number of credits purchased, roughly varies between $1 and $3. Factoring in the four free packs for most players, you'll pay a minimum of 13,800 R6 credits (around $90) for the complete collection. Owners of the game's Year 3 Season Pass will recieve a further 10 percent discount.
Outbreak Packs will be found under the "Packs" section of the main menu, in the same location where Alpha Packs are located. From here, packs can be purchased and opened.
After the event concludes, both the Outbreak game mode and Outbreak Packs will be inaccessible. Unlocked Outbreak items will remain usable and may end up as a rarity on the battlefield.
What do you think of Outbreak Packs so far? Are you planning to buy the complete collection? Make sure to drop your thoughts in the comments.
Updated March 6, 2018: We've revised this guide for the Outbreak Pack launch.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
Review: Razer's Hammerhead True Wireless Pro deliver THX and ANC for gamers
If you're looking for really good wireless earbuds and also happen to like mobile gaming, the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro is what you need. Featuring THX audio, ANC, low-latency streaming, and excellent comfort, there's a lot to like. Here's what we think of them after a week of using them with iOS and Android.
Here are the best Cyberpunk 2077 collectibles and merch
Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game, and is accompanied by a massive pool of collectibles, accessories, and merch for everyone from hardcore collectors to dabbling fans. Here are the best collectibles and merch for Cyberpunk 2077.