Capcom has teased the existence of the Resident Evil 3 remake for some time. Recently, the cover art for the game leaked, so we know that an announcement is coming soon. Here's everything we know about this impending survival-horror game.
- What is Resident Evil 3 remake?
- What does Resident Evil 3 remake's gameplay look like?
- Resident Evil 3 remake overview of features
- Is Resident Evil 3 first-person?
- Will there be a demo for the Resident Evil 3 remake
- Is Resident Evil 3 remake on Xbox One?
- Will Resident Evil 3 remake have Mercenaries mode?
- When is the release date for the Resident Evil 3 remake?
What is Resident Evil 3 remake?
This is a full remake and reimagining of Capcom's Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which released back in 1999. This game follows Jill Valentine, one of the protagonists of the original Resident Evil, as she attempts to escape Raccoon City, which is completely overrun with zombies. Along the way, an advanced creature known as the Nemesis begins stalking her throughout the city.
Much like Resident Evil 2 (2019), Capcom is treating this remake as an entirely new entry, it's not a remaster. While it will be faithful to the story and characters, things may happen in different ways and enemy encounters or puzzles may play out differently.
What does Resident Evil 3 remake's gameplay look like?
Again like Resident Evil 2 (2019), the remake of Resident Evil 3 is a third-person survival-horror game. Players will have to manage scarce ammo and healing items as they struggle to survive. We've also got a short interview from some of the developers that shows a bit more gameplay, including a new dodge move that Jill can use.
Players who went through Resident Evil 2 (2019) understand how dangerous and terrifying Mr X. (Tyrant) was. Nemesis is a fellow B.O.W. (Bio Organic Weapon) and he's even worse. He's smarter, wields weapons and can pop up at any time. His mission is to completely eliminate the Stars, by any means necessary.
Resident Evil 3 remake overview of features
Here's everything we know about the different features of the game, as well as some pre-release images. We have the different cover art for the game:
- The Resident Evil 3 remake uses a third-person, over-the-shoulder camera, just like Resident Evil 2 (2019).
- The story is set just before the events of Resident Evil 2 (2019).
- Everything was remade on the premise that Resident Evil 3 is more action-oriented than Resident Evil 2.
- Resident Evil 3 remake is developed using the RE engine.
- The RE engine has also been used for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, the Resident Evil 2 remake and Devil May Cry 5.
- This game also includes Resident Evil Resistance (formerly Project Resistance), a new co-op based game.
- The minimum requirements to run the game on PC have been revealed.
- Nemesis uses a far more advanced version of the AI that powered Mr. X in the Resident Evil 2 remake.
- There won't be branching paths or multiple endings.
Is Resident Evil 3 remake first-person?
No. Many players are confused because the reveal trailer for the game has a lengthy segment that takes place in a first-person perspective however, Resident Evil 3 remake is going to be a third-person game just the Resident Evil 2 (2019).
Will there be a demo for the Resident Evil 3 remake?
While we don't yet know if there will be a demo, Capcom has historically provided demos for their major upcoming games. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard had multiple demos, as did Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry V and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
Is Resident Evil 3 remake on Xbox One?
Yes. While it was revealed at the PlayStation State of Play showcase, Resident Evil 3 remake is coming to Xbox One, in addition to PC and PlayStation 4.
Will Resident Evil 3 remake have Mercenaries mode?
Capcom has confirmed that the Resident Evil 3 remake will not include the Mercenaries mode that the original game had.
When is the release date for Resident Evil 3 remake?
The Resident Evil 3 remake is set to be available on April 3, 2020. You can preorder it at Best Buy right now. There's also a collector's edition that will only be available through GameStop for $179.99 USD. This version includes a statue of Jill, a map of Raccoon City, an art book and the digital soundtrack for the game. You can see everything included below.
A glorious remake
Resident Evil 3 is back and better than ever. The package not only includes the remake, but the multiplayer game Project Resistance, too.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Oculus Rift gets fix for stuttering issues with beta update
If you've been one of the users experiencing stuttering issues while playing VR games on the Oculus Rift, Oculus has a beta update that should solve all your problems. Find out how to get the update right now.
Want to try Surface Duo OS? Here's how on Windows 10.
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to download and install the Surface Duo emulator to start developing for the dual-screen device to get a feeling of the new experience.
Why Daniel Rubino doesn't care if the Surface Duo's camera is terrible
Some of us live on the edge of tech, and that often means giving something up to gain something new. In the case of Surface Duo, that may mean living with a less-than-ideal camera.
These VR flight simulators and games soar above the rest
Flight simulators and VR are a match made in heaven, especially now that GPUs and lens resolution can support a truly immersive recreation of Earth or space. Whether your vision of perfect flight gameplay is WWII-era dogfighting with a joystick, Star Wars-esque space battles mapped to a traditional controller, or mastering real-life aircraft using touch controls, we've found the best...