Capcom has teased the existence of the Resident Evil 3 remake for some time. Recently, the cover art for the game leaked, so we know that an announcement is coming soon. Here's everything we know about this impending survival-horror game.
- What is Resident Evil 3 remake?
- What does Resident Evil 3 remake's gameplay look like?
- Resident Evil 3 remake overview of features
- Is Resident Evil 3 first-person?
- Will there be a demo for the Resident Evil 3 remake
- Is Resident Evil 3 remake on Xbox One?
- Will Resident Evil 3 remake have Mercenaries mode?
- When is the release date for the Resident Evil 3 remake?
What is Resident Evil 3 remake?
This is a full remake and reimagining of Capcom's Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which released back in 1999. This game follows Jill Valentine, one of the protagonists of the original Resident Evil, as she attempts to escape Raccoon City, which is completely overrun with zombies. Along the way, an advanced creature known as the Nemesis begins stalking her throughout the city. Nemesis is even more dangerous than other Tyrant models like Mr. X, wielding advanced weapons with terrifying cunning.
Much like Resident Evil 2 (2019), Capcom is treating this remake as an entirely new entry; it's not a remaster. While it will be faithful to the story and characters, things may happen in different ways, and enemy encounters or puzzles may play out differently.
What does Resident Evil 3 remake's gameplay look like?
Again like Resident Evil 2 (2019), the remake of Resident Evil 3 is a third-person survival-horror game. Players will have to manage scarce ammo and healing items as they struggle to survive. We've also got a short interview from some of the developers that shows a bit more gameplay, including a new dodge move that Jill can use.
Players who went through Resident Evil 2 (2019) understand how dangerous and terrifying Mr. X. (Tyrant) was. Nemesis is a fellow B.O.W. (Bio-Organic Weapon), and he's even worse. He's smarter, wields weapons, and can pop up at any time. His mission is to completely eliminate the Stars, by any means necessary. He can even break into areas with save points, (but not actual save rooms) if you don't take care to lose him first.
Resident Evil 3 remake overview of features
Here's everything we know about the different features of the game, as well as some pre-release images. We have the different cover art for the game:
- The Resident Evil 3 remake uses a third-person, over-the-shoulder camera, just like Resident Evil 2 (2019).
- The story is set just before the events of Resident Evil 2 (2019).
- Everything was remade on the premise that Resident Evil 3 is more action-oriented than Resident Evil 2.
- Resident Evil 3 remake is developed using the RE engine.
- The RE engine has also been used for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, the Resident Evil 2 remake, and Devil May Cry 5.
- This game also includes Resident Evil Resistance (formerly Project Resistance), a new co-op based game.
- The minimum requirements to run the game on PC have been revealed.
- Nemesis uses a far more advanced version of the AI that powered Mr. X in the Resident Evil 2 remake.
- There won't be branching paths or multiple endings.
You can check out our review of the game right here.
Is Resident Evil 3 remake first-person?
No. Many players are confused because the reveal trailer for the game has a lengthy segment that takes place from a first-person perspective. However, Resident Evil 3 remake is going to be a third-person survival horror game just like Resident Evil 2 (2019).
Will there be a demo for the Resident Evil 3 remake?
Capcom has historically provided demos for their major upcoming games. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard had multiple demos, as did Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry V, and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. A while back Capcom confirmed that a demo is on the way and the demo is now available to download. Unlike the demo for Resident Evil 2, you can play this demo as many times as you want.
Is Resident Evil 3 remake on Xbox One?
Yes. While it was revealed at the PlayStation State of Play showcase, Resident Evil 3 remake is coming to Xbox One, in addition to PC and PlayStation 4.
Will Resident Evil 3 remake have Mercenaries mode?
Capcom has confirmed that the Resident Evil 3 remake will not include the Mercenaries mode that the original game had.
When is the release date for Resident Evil 3 remake?
The Resident Evil 3 remake is set to be available on April 3, 2020. You can preorder it at Amazon, Best Buy and the Microsoft Store right now. There's also a collector's edition that was only available through GameStop for $179.99 USD. This version includes a statue of Jill, a map of Raccoon City, an art book, and the digital soundtrack for the game. You can see everything included below.
A glorious remake
Resident Evil 3 is back and better than ever. The package not only includes the remake but the multiplayer game Project Resistance, too.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.