Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is a pure survival horror title focusing on tense gunplay, desperate exploration, and haunting nightmare fuel experiences. After a brief sojourn with near pure action gameplay in RE5 and 6, Capcom has taken RE7 back to basics, delivering a first person experience that is already among the greatest horror games on Xbox One. It's also an Xbox Play Anywhere title, meaning that your purchase and progression roams between Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One consoles.
It's possible to complete Resident Evil 7 without getting the shotgun, but doing so will be unnecessarily difficult. The shotgun is a Resident Evil staple, and I highly recommend you pick it up. Here's how.
How to panic while using Resident Evil 7's shotgun. pic.twitter.com/WoLr5P2zCk— Jez (@JezCorden) 31 January 2017
- The first thing you will need to do to grab the shotgun is explore the basement. You gain access to the basement after defeating the Garage boss, and after exploring the second floor to find the Eagle relief in the bathtub.
- The basement is full of shambling mold creatures. Shoot them in the head with the handgun to dispatch them.
Progress through the basement to the Processing Area, to this location.
The Scorpion Key is wedged in a pile of flesh on the table in the middle of the room. Grab it.
- Backtrack upstairs to the Main Hall, and head up to the second floor.
Now, after looting the Eagle model from the bathtub the first time round, Jack attacks you. If you didn't kill him the first time, he'll still be roaming around on the second floor.
- If you defeated Jack earlier, no problem, but if he's still there, you'll have to choose between fighting him or avoiding him. If you choose to fight, shoot him in the head and guard against his melee attacks. Putting him on the ground will make grabbing the shotgun (and the other items) far easier.
Head to the Recreation Room and open the door locked with the Scorpion Key. This will grant you access to the broken shotgun and various other items and text files.
Take the broken shotgun to the Main Hall.
- Against the back wall, there's a statue holding a shotgun, reminiscent of the shotgun room from Resident Evil 1. Loot the functional shotgun and replace it with the broken shotgun to open the door.
The shotgun deals immense amounts of damage at close range, but the damage drops a little quicker than the handgun at longer ranges. The shotgun should be used up close and personal on enemy weak spots, which are typically (but not always) the head. The shotgun will help you immensely in the next boss fight against a chainsaw-wielding nutcase in the basement's Dissection Room, which is where you should head next.
Resident Evil 7 is a stunning return to form for Capcom's classic series, and it's available now on Xbox One and Windows 10 as an Xbox play Anywhere title. See below for our full review!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Journey to the Savage Planet is great when you're exploring
Journey to the Savage Planet doesn't have the best combat or narrative payoff, but it excels in providing a beautiful world full of mysteries for you to explore.
Oculus Rift gets fix for stuttering issues with beta update
If you've been one of the users experiencing stuttering issues while playing VR games on the Oculus Rift, Oculus has a beta update that should solve all your problems. Find out how to get the update right now.
Want to try Surface Duo OS? Here's how on Windows 10.
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to download and install the Surface Duo emulator to start developing for the dual-screen device to get a feeling of the new experience.
Best Xbox Game Pass games for January 2020
Pick up the best Xbox One games included with an Xbox Game Pass subscription.