Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is a pure survival horror title focusing on tense gunplay, desperate exploration, and haunting nightmare fuel experiences. After a brief sojourn with near pure action gameplay in RE5 and 6, Capcom has taken RE7 back to basics, delivering a first person experience that is already among the greatest horror games on Xbox One. It's also an Xbox Play Anywhere title, meaning that your purchase and progression roams between Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One consoles.
It's possible to complete Resident Evil 7 without getting the shotgun, but doing so will be unnecessarily difficult. The shotgun is a Resident Evil staple, and I highly recommend you pick it up. Here's how.
How to panic while using Resident Evil 7's shotgun. pic.twitter.com/WoLr5P2zCk— Jez (@JezCorden) 31 January 2017
- The first thing you will need to do to grab the shotgun is explore the basement. You gain access to the basement after defeating the Garage boss, and after exploring the second floor to find the Eagle relief in the bathtub.
- The basement is full of shambling mold creatures. Shoot them in the head with the handgun to dispatch them.
Progress through the basement to the Processing Area, to this location.
The Scorpion Key is wedged in a pile of flesh on the table in the middle of the room. Grab it.
- Backtrack upstairs to the Main Hall, and head up to the second floor.
Now, after looting the Eagle model from the bathtub the first time round, Jack attacks you. If you didn't kill him the first time, he'll still be roaming around on the second floor.
- If you defeated Jack earlier, no problem, but if he's still there, you'll have to choose between fighting him or avoiding him. If you choose to fight, shoot him in the head and guard against his melee attacks. Putting him on the ground will make grabbing the shotgun (and the other items) far easier.
Head to the Recreation Room and open the door locked with the Scorpion Key. This will grant you access to the broken shotgun and various other items and text files.
Take the broken shotgun to the Main Hall.
- Against the back wall, there's a statue holding a shotgun, reminiscent of the shotgun room from Resident Evil 1. Loot the functional shotgun and replace it with the broken shotgun to open the door.
The shotgun deals immense amounts of damage at close range, but the damage drops a little quicker than the handgun at longer ranges. The shotgun should be used up close and personal on enemy weak spots, which are typically (but not always) the head. The shotgun will help you immensely in the next boss fight against a chainsaw-wielding nutcase in the basement's Dissection Room, which is where you should head next.
Resident Evil 7 is a stunning return to form for Capcom's classic series, and it's available now on Xbox One and Windows 10 as an Xbox play Anywhere title. See below for our full review!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Power or agility? We compare Dell's XPS 15 with LG's gram 15.
These two laptops might share a similar footprint, but they're intended for two very different types of user. We break things down to help you get a clear idea of which PC is the better buy for your needs.
Windows x64 app emulation heads to Snapdragon PCs this November
It's official: Windows 10 on ARM laptops are getting x64 app emulation sometime in November (though the Windows Insider program). Microsoft Teams natively optimized for ARM is also coming soon. The news follows Qualcomm's recent announcement of its new Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 processor and new devices coming this year.
DOJ reportedly set to sue Google for abusing its search and ad dominance
According to a new report from Reuters, the U.S. Department of Justice could file a lawsuit against Google for abuse of its dominant position in search and advertising spaces as soon as next week.
Best Xbox Game Pass games for Xbox One
Pick up the best Xbox One games included with an Xbox Game Pass subscription.