There's some good news for running enthusiasts out there: Runtastic Me has finally made its way to Windows Phone. When paired up with Runtastic's Orbit fitness band, the app allows for 24-hour tracking of key metrics like calories burned, steps taken, and total active minutes.
If you pick up the app, here are some of the features you can look forward to:
- Runtastic Orbit's Perfect Partner: Make the most of your 24-hour tracking by combining the power of Runtastic Me with Runtastic Orbit, Me's compatible hardware counterpart
- Step Tracking: Monitor your daily steps and total distance covered to ensure you're keeping active, even on the busiest of days
- Active Minutes: Track your active minutes to try and identify moments in your day when you can sneak in a bit of extra movement during regular daily activities
- Calories Burned: Monitor your burned calories, utilizing a complex calorie calculation incorporating BMR, AMR, weight, age and gender, to ensure you're finding a healthy balance between caloric intake and energy output
- Set & Achieve Goals: Set goals and monitor your progress throughout the day – colored progress bars will give you a sense of how you're doing
- Challenge Yourself: Easily compare your daily stats to the previous day to see how your efforts are stacking up and which days could most often use a boost of activity
Of course to take full advantage of the app's feature set, you'll want to get your hands on an Orbit fitness band. Here's how Runtastic describes the integration between Runtastic Me and the Orbit:
Data generated by Runtastic Orbit is synced with Runtastic Me wirelessly, allowing you to view comprehensive daily stats (including your sleep tracking!) in your Me app and on the Orbit's display. No Orbit? No problem! You can also track your steps with the Lumia SensorCore to monitor your activity.
Be sure to hit up the link below to grab Runtastic Me, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Thanks to Michael C. for the tip!