One of our favorite Windows Phone fitness apps, Runtastic Pro, is currently available to download for free for a limited time. The app normally costs $4.99 to purchase.
While the app hasn't been updated for several months, it still offers Windows Phone users with a number of reliable features. Here's a quick look just in case you are unfamiliar with Runtastic Pro:
- Track activities & view your routes utilizing GPS: Records duration, distance, calories burned, speed, elevation change and more stats
- Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, strength training & other indoor workouts
- Runtastic Routes: Flag one of thousands of routes on Runtastic.com and sync it automatically with your smartphone
- Share routes via NFC from phone to phone
- LIVE Tracking: Show family & friends your position in real time when out for a run or ride
- LIVE Cheering: Get cheered on by friends for additional motivation during your LIVE activities & up the fun factor
- Music integration & Voice Coach (DE, EN, FR, ES, IT, JP) for top motivation and encouragement
- Heart Rate Integration: Track your HR with the Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor (supports Bluetooth® Smart)
- Heart Rate Zones: Work out in your ideal heart rate zone (e.g. fat burning zone)
- Interval training: Get faster with effective, customizable interval training
- Additional info: Record mood, temperature, surface details & personal notes post-activity
- Training history: View activity details within your Runtastic running app or on Runtastic.com
- Split table: Distance information (elevation change, time, pace per kilometer)
- Live Tile: Monthly statistics & transparent Live Tile on your start screen
- Display your routes (Nokia Maps)
- Hydration feature: Find out how much liquid you lost during an activity
- Bird View: Check out maps from bird's eye perspective
- Upload activities to Runtastic.com: Get detailed analysis and statistics, as well as a complete overview of your performance and progress
- Social network sharing: Post your activities on Facebook, Twitter or on Runtastic.com
You can also read our detailed experiences with Runtastic Pro app here for more information.
Let us know what you think of the app in the comments!
Thanks to Marko for the tip!
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Review: Kensington's SD5500T dock works with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 PCs
The SD5500T docking station is compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, opening it up to use with more devices. It's similar to some other great docks out there, so how does it measure up?
How to play Minecraft Dungeons Beta
How to get started with Minecraft Dungeons early via the ongoing beta, with all the details and release dates you need to know.
Best Zoom Alternatives in 2020
Zoom continues to face new vulnerabilities, exploits, and privacy concerns, with even the FBI issuing a warning over recent hijacking attempts. We've wrapped up the best Zoom alternatives if you choose to switch.