What you need to know
- The Halo community on Reddit has discovered several hidden Halo Infinite game modes by launching the game offline.
- The modes include variations of the Slayer, Fiesta, Ranked, and Tactical (SWAT) game types.
- These modes may be added to the game in the future when 343 Industries adds more matchmaking playlists.
The Halo community on Reddit has discovered several hidden Halo Infinite multiplayer game modes by launching the game while disconnected from the internet. Once players launch the game in this state, the modes will be visible in the Custom Games menu.
The list of modes includes a collection of variations of the Arena, Fiesta, Ranked, and Tactical (SWAT) game types. The specifics of each mode are fairly straightforward (for example, Tactical: Slayer Sidekicks means SWAT with the Sidekick pistol only), but some, such as the Attrition variants of Arena and Fiesta, are modes we don't know much about right now. The full list of hidden game modes includes the following:
- Arena: Attrition
- Arena: Attrition Dodgeball
- Arena: Elimination
- Fiesta: Attrition
- Fiesta: CTF
- Fiesta: One Flag CTF
- Fiesta: Strongholds
- Ranked: Elimination
- Ranked: One Flag
- Tactical: Slayer
- Tactical: Slayer Commandos
- Tactical: Slayer Manglers
- Tactical: Slayer Sidekicks
- Tactical: Slayer Stalker Rifles
Overall, it's good to see that the developers have created more multiplayer modes for Halo Infinite, as many are currently frustrated with the game's lack of content. Hopefully the developers eventually release these game modes and game mode variants as official matchmaking options. Notably, 343 Industries is planning to add new Halo Infinite multiplayer playlists before 2022, including playlists for Fiesta, Tactical Slayer (SWAT), and Free-For-All. Perhaps some of these game mode variants will appear in those playlists.
Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free-to-play and is available now on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and Windows PCs. It's one of the best Xbox shooters available right now, so give it a shot if you haven't checked it out already.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.