Sheltered, a bomb shelter simulator available through the Xbox One's early access Game Preview program, has just received a pretty substantial update. The development team behind Sheltered says this patch brings the Xbox One version up to par with the PC version, bringing a boatload of new features and bug fixes. Here's the lengthy breakdown of what's new in the latest update:
- The Game Over screen will now feature an obituary detailing how each family member died.
- Cause of death has been added to the commentary panel when someone dies.
- An information panel has been added to the customisation screen explaining stats and traits.
- An information panel has been added to the final customisation screen explaining pet abilities.
- New paint colours have been added.
- Tool descriptions now state what the tools do (increase fix craft speeds).
- Books, records and toys will now be stored in the mains storage if they don't have the relevant storing objects.
- New backgrounds have been added and previous backgrounds have been upgraded.
- When the first person dies a tutorial pop up will explain the different options.
- A tutorial has been added explaining automation.
- The cat/dog bowl will now have a plaque to make it more visible.
- The map will now tell you the last time you visited a location when you hover over it on the map screen.
- A hint will now tell you when there is no water for the shower or toilet when a character tries to use them. Characters become desensitised to cannibalism after repeated harvesting of corpses.
- Characters can end the suffering of another catatonic character.
- Other family members can continue crafting objects that other character has started.
- Binoculars and Metal Detectors are now craftable.
- Rat Traps are now craftable.
- Characters now explain why they are unable to use punching bag due to them being tired.
- Lumber Yard is now a discoverable location on the map.
- New art for shelter visitor interface.
- Audio feedback added to notify player that third task given to character is not registered.
- Various actions now have sound effects.
- Locations now have their available items randomised periodically.
- Increased number of scrap yards that can be found.
- Added sound effect for cycling between characters.
- The journal will now reflect characters becoming desensitised to murder after repeated killings.
- Added new background images for the following locations:
- Lumber Yard
It's great to see that the team behind Sheltered is using the Game Preview platform to its fullest by pushing out such a hefty update for testing. If you're taking part in the Sheltered Game Preview, you should be able to grab the update now. If you'd like to take the game for a spin, you can check it out at the link below.
Check out the Sheltered Game Preview for the Xbox One (opens in new tab)
Source: Sheltered Forums
Good to see they're keeping the game updated! Personally I haven't bought this one yet, but it looks cool. Crazy long list of updates.
Looks interesting. I didn't even know this game exists. *Thanks WindowsCentral!* (in sarcastic-sounding voice, but not actually being sarcastic because I really didn't know this game existed)
Lmao, same here! I'm gonna check it out.
Lol thought an xb1 was donated to a shelter
Just tried The 60 minute preview. So picking this up on payday this friday
Gonna check this one out too
Does this game have a good ending or it is just to see how long you can last before the family dies off?
Is there a way to make these people eat and poop on their own? I gave up after two people died because I didn't keep up with their basic body functions.
Click in one of the sticks for that a little icon will show up next to their info
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.