What you need to know
- Skype recently received updates for its iOS and iPadOS versions.
- The update brings an upgraded custom reaction picker and an improved share extension.
- The iOS version of Skype also gained the ability to make Skype Number purchases within the app.
Skype for iOS and iPadOS just received an update that adds several new features. The update includes an upgraded custom reaction picker and an improved Share extension that supports dark mode.
The upgraded custom reaction picker should make it easy to select your favorite emojis to react to other people's messages instantly.
Here's everything that's new for Skype on iOS, as found on its App Store listing:
- In-client Skype Number purchases
- Improved Share extension with dark mode support and better performance
- Upgraded custom reaction picker so you can now have more reactions right at your fingertips
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
The iPad version of Skype has the same changelog, except it does not add in-client Skype Number purchases.
A Skype Number is a second phone number. It's attached to your Skype account and lets you answer incoming calls from anywhere. For example, people could call you from a mobile or landline number. It's a popular feature for people who regularly speak to people who live in other countries. You can also use it to set up call forwarding to answer calls on another phone.
Skype allows you to make voice and video calls to millions of people around the world. Its latest update adds new reaction options and lets you make Skype Number purchases within the iOS app.
Sean Endicott is the news writer for Windows Central. If it runs Windows, is made by Microsoft, or has anything to do with either, he's on it. Sean's been with Windows Central since 2017 and is also our resident app expert. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.