SkyScanner, the popular (and highly rated) travel companion app, has recently been updated to version 1.4 with more functionality being pumped into the experience. The app integrates with the service on the SkyScanner website, and the iOS and Android apps have both proven to be very popular. SkyScanner for Windows Phone is developed by Distinction - the folk behind AppFlow and Cocktail Flow.
The free app boasts the following features:
- Search over 1000 airlines and travel agents to get the best deals
- Watch flight prices: pin your flight searches to your start screen (prices update every hour)
- Search trains too: compare rail travel and flights on major European routes
- Available in more than 25 languages
- 100% independent and shows ALL airlines including low-cost carriers and scheduled airlines
- Email flight details to yourself for later
- Share your flight details with friends, family or colleagues
So what's new in version 1.4? Users of SkyScanner for Windows Phone can now view flight prices for each day of an entire month / year , making it easier to choose the best deal. An "Everywhere" search feature is now also present, which enables the user to search for cheapest fares without entering specific destinations. As well as the two feature additions, a number of optimisation improvements and fixes were implemented.
Bonamy Grimes, Co-founder and Director of Mobile at Skyscanner, had the following to say about the app on Windows Phone:
"We launched our first app for Windows Phone late last year and it has been very well received. But we’re always trying to improve overall user experience, and it’s a testament to our mobile development team that we’ve managed to surpass even our own expectations of version 1.4 in such a short space of time."
Some positive words from a well used service. You can download SkyScanner from the Marketplace for free.