The business-based messaging service Slack has updated its Windows Phone beta app, adding the ability to chat with yourself, among other new features.
Here's what's new and fixed in this update, which has the version number of 2016.706.354.0:
- You can now enjoy the newfound ability to DM yourself (it's useful for links and notes, as well as for talking to yourself, should you so wish).
- Creating new conversations, inviting people to existing channels are greatly improved, as is the experience of joining channels
- "We want to be able to download pictures!" you said. Fair enough, we replied. Download away!
- The overall app performance has had a boost. While we're not at the speed of light we're one step closer to making your day a bit more productive with less waiting.
- Fixed: Notifications are wasn't reliable and didn't always load correct. They are now.
- Fixed: You can now search for someone by their name and not just their @handle.
- Fixed: Some users experience nothing when using the app. As in "null". We can't promise they're all gone, but we think we've chased most of nothings down now, and made them into somethings.
- Fixed: It was possible to create a channel with invalid name. We make sure you can't do that anymore.
- Fixed: You can now actually reopen a DM with someone you've DM'ed with in the past. As opposed to before, when you couldn't. Sorry about that: We never meant to burn your bridges for you.
- Fixed: When signing in on Windows 10 Mobile, the first character on the email field always wanted to be capitalized. With stern words and sterner code, we put it in its rightful case.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
'The Nether Update' for Minecraft: The 1.16.2 update, and everything new you need to know
The Nether Update is the latest major release for Minecraft, and it changes everything about the fiery Nether. Here's everything you need to know.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.