A new version of the Slack beta app for Windows Phone is here, and it packs a number of bug fixes that should smooth things over. While there aren't really any new features to speak of, the update does patch up a number of annoying and unintended behaviors that just make the experience of actually using the app better overall.
Here's a look at what's new in Slack beta version 2016.1212.0.0 for Windows Phone:
- Attachments having dates sometimes led to the app crashing. We were being too sensitive. Attachments can have dates. We accept that now.
- Sometimes the key Slack feature of simply mentioning users could lead to the app crashing - no more, thank jiggins.
- While we like tapping, we don't like tapping twice. If you want to send a direct message from someone's profile it now only takes one tap. Tada!
- Creating new channels without internet connection is still not possible, but at least we now let you know that.
- Users with owner rights didn't always get the VIP treatment they deserved. We now allow you to do all the fun things.
- We'll no longer make channels unread just because someone leaves or joins them, because it didn't make any sense.
- If you are about to start a new conversation with someone, but really just want to create a private channel instead, we now allow you to do so again.
- The bar saying you have unreads is now a lot more reliable.
- Uploading with a bad connection can be difficult. We now tell you if it went wrong rather than just let it disappear silently.
- If you're the last member leaving a channel, you can now archive it. Lights out!
Definitely not too shabby of an update if you've been hitting any of the snags mentioned above. To check out all of what's new, hit up the Windows Store to grab the update and let us know what you think in the comments!
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So glad that the bar is more reliable now! It was annoying me so much.
How exciting that Slack is still getting updated. Albeit I'd like to see a little more on it but this is fine for what it is. *grabs*
Nice been using slack for a while and these fixes are very much welcomed
Glad to see these updates, as well, although I had to reinstall the app after the update. Post-update I was only getting a long string of code errors when starting it. After reinstall, all is working well.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.