Over the weekend, Windows Phone Central announced a contest in which readers could win copies of Snuggle Truck and Jack Lumber from Owlchemy labs. To enter, all you had to do was pick a game and give us a Monty Python quote. Monty Python is the British comedy troupe responsible for the Monty Python's Flying Circus television series and three classic films (more or less).
After receiving more than 150 entries, we've finally narrowed the submissions down to ten winners. People who got the quotes right and picked actual memorable quotes (and didn't seem to have found them through random web searches) took home the prizes. Now we can share with you both the winners and YouTube clips of all the winning quotes.
- "Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Know what I mean?" – from Monty Python's Flying Circus
- "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." – from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- "Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam" – from Monty Python's Flying Circus
- "And now for something completely different!" – from Monty Python's Flying Circus
- "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" – from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (easily the most important quote from the series)
Five down, five to go!
- "We want - a SHRUBBERY" – from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." – from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- "Did you write this symphony in the shed?" – a favorite sketch of mine from Monty Python's Flying Circus
- "This is an ex-parrot!!" – from Monty Python's Flying Circus
And of course…
- "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay… I sleep all night and I work all day." – from Monty Python's Flying Circus
Thanks to everyone who entered! I hope you guys had as much fun with this contest as I did.
Winners, check your forums inboxes/email for your Steam codes. If you haven't done so already, you'll need to join Steam and install the Steam client in order to redeem the code.
Everybody else, don't miss Snuggle Truck and Jack Lumber on Windows Phone!
- Snuggle Truck – Windows Phone 8 – 21 MB - $1.99 – Review – Store Link
- Jack Lumber – Windows Phone 8 – 26 MB – $1.99 – Review – Store Link
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.