Audiocloud, a popular Soundcloud third-party client for Windows Phone, got a big update this week. It is now a Windows 10 UWP app for PC and Mobile.
At the moment, the app's listing only shows support for Windows 10 Mobile, but the developer of Audiocloud says the app will also work on the desktop and even on Microsoft HoloLens. Here's a look at the features included in the new Windows 10 version:
- Employs Modern Design Language 2 with adaptive UI
- Dark/Light background option
- General UX improvements (smoother list scrolling, better context menu support, tap header to scroll to top, better support for returning to last scroll position, swipe to skip to next/previous track)
- Gapless playback (whenever possible)
- Playback speed option (0.5x to 2x)
- Play single track option
- Auto-fetching of next set of tracks in background
- Sleep timer with audio fade-out
- Edit basic profile info
- Improved playlist-related functions including drag-and-drop to reorder tracks
- Search by SoundCloud URL
- Search using Cortana (English)
- Open-in-browser fallback option (useful for performing functions not available to third-party SoundCloud apps e.g. downloading of tracks, playback of restricted tracks)
- Improved toast notification message
- Enable notification only on non-metered connection option
- Donate buttons (buy coffee for developer)
If you have the old Windows Phone version of Audiocloud installed on your smartphone, be aware that the new Windows 10 Mobile version won't be able to migrate any settings from the old app. The developer stated:
Thanks to Chris and Artem for the tips!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.