What you need to know
- Sonarworks is bringing its SoundID platform to PC and Mac.
- It creates a personal profile for your headphones based on your music listening habits.
- It can be used with 360 current headphone models.
Sonarworks is today launching its SoundID Listen app for both Mac and PC, which will let users customize their listening experience for headphones, computer, and more!
In a press release the company stated:
SoundID is available on Mac or PC, and it lets you customize the sound you hear through your headphones based on the device you have, your hearing ability and how you like your music to sound. It works not just for music, but also movies and TV shows, as well as gaming!
The SoundID mobile app can be downloaded on either iOS or Android, and you use the app to create your SoundID profile using an in app-test. You can then use this across all of your favorite devices including streaming services, in-car audio, headphones, and home speakers. The service comes with a 30-day free trial, and costs $4.99 a month thereafter.
How it works:
- Download the SoundID app free on iOS or Google Play Store, and create your profile.
- Download the SoundID Listen app on Mac or Windows, connect up your SoundID profile.
SoundID supports 360 different models of headphones, so the chances of you needing any new hardware is pretty slim, the list includes Apple's AirPods (normal and Pro), Beats headphones as well as offerings from Bose, Huawei, Jabra, Jaybird, Samsung (including Galaxy Buds), Sennheiser and more.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.