What you need to know
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order recently released for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Players have reported performance issues on both consoles.
- An upcoming patch is set to fix texture flickering, slow downs, and long loading times.
Whether you're playing on an Xbox One or PlayStation 4, you may have noticed that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has some performance issues. Frame rate drops, texture pop-in, asset pop-in, the game freezing and crashing entirely. Those sort of things. You're not alone, and though these cases vary wildly between people's individual consoles, they're prevalent enough that Respawn is working on a patch to fix them.
The official full patch notes have not been revealed, but Jedi: Fallen Order's community lead posted to Reddit what the developer aims to fix in the upcoming patch.
- We've fixed a texture flickering issue that would display on the screen while driving the AT-AT on Kashyyyk
- Sometimes the input from the arrow keys would fail to respond within menus, this has now been fixed.
- Dynamic resolution settings will now save properly.
- Fixed an issued where the game could become slow and loading times longer than expected.
This patch will hit PC first before coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this week. The short list above only covers a fraction of the problems that players have experienced, so you can probably expect another patch sometime in the future to address further bugs.
In our review, we recognized the game's problems but found it to be an exciting and fun adventure regardless.
Use the Force
Journey across the galaxy
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order puts players into the shoes of a Padawan on the run from the Empire after Order 66 devastated the Jedi Order. Hopefully soon you can experience it without frequent performance problems
Why does anyone even bother buying games when they first come out. This is the new normal.
Hope they drastically improve the reload time when you die. Having to wait more than a minute on Xbox One X is very frustrating.
Hope they fix the Shock Troopers being OP, or rename them to SITH Shock Troopers instead. Pretty sad they are tougher than the Bounty Hunters are. Improvements to the maps so you can find your objects more easily and a reticule so you can see where you are aiming would be nice.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.