Many months ago, State of Decay 2 launched to mixed reviews around the world. The game was praised for its deep mechanics, but the fact that it exhibited frame rate issues even on Xbox One X, and suffered from numerous glitches was a cause for concern. Undead Labs released a patch a few weeks later which fixed a lot of problems, but certain annoyances still remain. Surprisingly, this hasn't stopped the title from being enjoyed by countless gamers.
Today, the developer launched State of Decay 2 Patch 8.0 for all platforms. Not only does it add new weapons, but it brings with it a number of quality-of-life improvements. You can read about the most significant changes below.
- Over a dozen new weapons from the World War II era.
- There is a new antique weapons trader who shows up occasionally to sell them.
- These new weapons can also be looted from the same containers as other standard guns in the game.
- Gun stores are a great place to look for World War II weapons.
- The ability to demote a leader without exiling or killing them.
- New icons to help you find characters you're trying to exile or demote.
- The ability to transfer items into the base from every inventory slot at a parked vehicle.
- The ability to unload ammunition from weapons in your inventory.
- Characters are now a lot less aggressive towards nearby enemies while talking to you.
- Quick-Repair Toolkits have been rebranded as Advanced Toolkits, and they now repair twice as much damage as standard Toolkits.
- Hostile humans in Nightmare Zones are now a bit less deadly with firearms.
- Now when you suffer a headshot, you are protected from additional headshots for a short time afterwards.
- Windows with multiple panes now break as you would expect, rather than quietly violating the laws of physics.
The update is available right now at no cost. It's great to see that even after all this time, the team is committed to improving the game.
State of Decay 2 is a co-op multiplayer game which forces you to survive in the wake of a zombie apocalypse. Players have to work together, build bases, and form communities if they wish to survive in this hostile land. You can currently purchase the title at various retailers starting at $30, or play it with your $10 Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Netflix for games
Play over 100 games for one low price per month
Xbox Game Pass has a lot of important games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and much more. There is a promotion going on right now which discounts it to just $1. There are also three-month subscriptions available for $30 on Amazon.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Should Halo Infinite get its rumored battle royale mode?
Recently, a rumor that Halo Infinite will have a battle royale mode surfaced. Would this be a good move for Microsoft and 343 Industries to make? Here's what we think.
The Cyber Monday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Review: Immortals Fenyx Rising a late Game of the Year contender
Immortals Fenyx Rising skyrocketed to the top of my Game of the Year list, and I think it's something a lot of people will really like.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.