What you need to know
- The Surface Go 2 has a new firmware update.
- The update improves pen performance when a palm is touching the screen.
- The update also improves system stability.
Microsoft just rolled out a firmware update for the Surface Go 2. The update improves pen performance when a palm is on the screen and also improves general stability.
Here's a look at what's new, according to Microsoft's Surface Update History:
- Elantech Ltd. – Firmware - 188.8.131.52: Surface Touch - Firmware - improves pen performance when your palm is on the device.
- Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206: Surface UEFI – Firmware - improves system stability.
The Surface Go 2 is a recent addition to Microsoft's Surface lineup. It has a larger display than its predecessor while maintaining the same body size. You can check out our full review of the Surface Go 2 to read more about the device.
The latest firmware update for the Surface Go 2 should be available now through Windows Update.
Small and portable
The new Surface Go 2 packs a larger 10.5-inch higher resolution display, thinner bezels, more power and storage for all your on-the-go computing tasks. It's also compatible with previous and new accessories.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.