A new firmware update appears to be rolling out to the Surface Pro 3. As the first of 2017 for the Surface Pro 3, the update is dated January 30, but it's not entirely clear what's new.
Currently, there's no changelog listed on the Surface Pro 3 update tracker, but that's normal for these update rollouts. With recent Surface Pro 4 and Surface Studio updates, for example, it took more than 24 hours for changelogs to show up on their respective update pages. Still, we've received tips about an update rolling out and users on Reddit report the same.
When Microsoft releases a changelog, we'll update this post with details. In the meantime, let us know in the comments if you've snagged the latest firmware release from Windows Update.
Update: Microsoft has now posted a changelog detailing what's new in this update. Here's a look:
- Intel Corporation – Display – 126.96.36.19968
- Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - 188.8.131.5268 improves Miracast and docked video performance.
- Intel(R) Display Audio - 6.16.00.3197 improves Miracast and docked video performance.
- Microsoft - System Firmware update
- Surface Pro UEFI - 3.11.2050.0 improves system performance for the latest Windows versions.
Thanks to Raed N. for the tip!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.