What you need to know
- The first set of firmware updates are now available for Microsoft's new Surface Pro X.
- These updates focus on improving system stability and battery performance.
- The updates are available to download via Windows Update now.
Just a day after its release, the first firmware updates are now available for the new Surface Pro X. As is usual with these types of updates, the focus is firmly on improving system stability. There's also a single update geared towards improving battery performance.
Here's a look at all of what's new, as detailed in Microsoft's release notes:
- Surface UEFI– Firmware: 3.444.140.0 improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware: 18.104.22.168 improves battery performance.
- Surface Pro X Integration – System devices: 22.214.171.124 improves stability when in hibernation.
- Microsoft SQ1 Adreno 685 GPU – Display Adapters: 26.18.800.0 improves system stability.
- Surface Pro X Power Engine Plug-in Device: 1.0.0800.0 improves system stability.
The Surface Pro X is an evolution of Microsoft's Surface Pro design language, slimming down the bezels and bundling the hardware in an overall smaller package. That's largely because of the new Microsoft SQ1 ARM chip that powers the machine, making it the first Surface Pro to run Windows 10 on ARM. The Surace Pro X also pairs with Microsoft's new Surface Slim Pen, which takes a flatter form than previous Surface Pens and can be wirelessly charged in a cradle above the detachable keyboard.
The Surface Pro X is available to buy now with prices starting at $999.
Windows 10 on ARM
The thinnest and lightest Surface Pro available
Available in a few different configurations, the thinnest and lightest Surface Pro to date is now available to order.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.