What you need to know
- The Surface Pro X is now available for preorder. It's expected to be released November 5.
- Surface Pro X is Microsoft's first Surface to use Windows 10 on ARM and it packs a fresh, thin design.
- Preorders are live now starting at $999 at Amazon.
Microsoft's sleek new Surface Pro X is now available to preorder. The 2-in-1 tablet, which is Microsoft's first to run Windows 10 on ARM, is on sale starting at $999 at Amazon.
Microsoft worked with Qualcomm to design a custom Microsoft SQ1 chipset that uses the Snapdragon mobile DNA together with an integrated AI accelerator. It's essentially a suped-up Snapdragon 8cx, and it's expected to deliver three times more performance per watt than the Surface Pro 6. It will also be able to handle dual external 4K displays, and it will have both eSIM and physical SIM slots for LTE connectivity.
As for the display, you're looking at a 13-inch touch screen fit into the familiar 12.3-inch chassis, made possible thanks to thin bezel along the sides. It sits at a 2880x1920 resolution with a 3:2 aspect ratio, and it's compatible with the new Surface Pen Slim that stores itself within the hinge and charges on the move.
There are several variants of the Surface Pro X available for preorder.
- Surface Pro X 8GB RAM with 128GB SSD ($999)
- Surface Pro X 8GB RAM with 256GB SSD ($1,299)
- Surface Pro X 16GB RAM with 256GB SSD ($1,499)
- Surface Pro X 16GB RAM with 512GB SSD ($1,799)
All models are expected to be released November 5, 2019.
Windows 10 on ARM
The lightest and thinnest Pro available
Available in a few different configurations, the thinnest and lightest Surface Pro to date is now available for preorder. Itis expected to be released November 5, 2019.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.