Conan Exiles is an open world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian. The title is currently available on PC Early Access and Xbox One Game Preview where it's still in a somewhat rough state. Conan Exiles will also launch on PlayStation 4 on May 8. In light of today's announcement, Funcom released a new trailer which showcases some new content that will be available in the final version. There's a new biome and a revamped combat system in the works!
Funcom also revealed the final price for the game across all platforms. The PC version costs $39.99 while the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions cost $49.99. There will also be a Collector's Edition which includes a wealth of exclusive physical and digital items. The contents of the Collector's Edition are as follows.
- Conan the Barbarian figurine modeled after Conan from the Conan Exiles trailer.
- Comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics which follows Conan on an adventure.
- Three soundtracks featuring the music from Conan Exiles and other adventures.
- Full-color print art book which takes you behind the scenes.
- Full-color printed map of the world of Conan Exiles.
- Code to unlock six full-color digital comic books from Dark Horse Comics.
- Code to unlock the digital rule book created by Modiphius for their Conan pen and paper role-playing game.
It's great to see that Conan Exiles finally has a release date but it still needs a lot of work on Xbox One. Usually when games launch in Xbox One Game Preview, they're at least playable but in its current state Conan Exiles isn't even that. The combat system is broken and even on Xbox One X it has a lot of performance issues. Hopefully the developer can fix all of these problems before May 8 but at this point it seems like a daunting task.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I disagree, it's rough, but it is very playable. I was on a server last night for over three hours and had fun.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.