Xbox One owners can finally get a bit of DVR action on their console, all thanks to a new app from Tablo. With the new Tablo app for Xbox One, anyone who uses the company's network-connected set-top box can now watch and record their favorite over-the-air TV shows right on their console.
With the Tablo app, you'll get access to a live guide for your OTA TV that should look familiar to anyone who has used a traditional cable set-top box. Further, you can pause and rewind live TV in the app, and set up recordings either on the fly or on a schedule. Here's a look at all of the features that Tablo offers:
- Playback of Live TV with pause and rewind capabilities
- Playback of recordings with pause, rewind and preview-enabled fast forward commercial skipping
- One-click scheduling for recordings including all NEW episodes or ALL episodes in a series or just a single show
- Grid-style Live TV guide to see programs airing right now, or later today
- Netflix-style TV guides so you can browse TV shows, Movies and Sports airing over the next two weeks
If you're a cord cutter, the Tablo app might look quite enticing. Just be aware that in order for the app to work, you must already have a Tablo OTA DVR — which starts at $220 for the entry-level model. On top of that, unlocking all of the app's guide features requires a subscription.
In any case, if you're interested in Tablo's Xbox One app, it's available for download now. The app is also available for Windows 10 PCs at the Windows Store.
Thanks for the tips, mrpuny and buzzard75!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.