Terraria has just arrived on Windows Phone and it's Xbox Live enabled! The critically-acclaimed sandbox adventure PC game has made its rounds across to mobile platforms and today is Windows Phone's turn. Players will be able to pick up their favorite mobile device, boot up Terraria and explore numerous biomes, as well as travel to the edges of the world and destroy enraged bosses. There's a lot to do here.
Coming across from the PC and excited to know what's included in the mobile port? Check out this list:
- 300+ CRAFTING RECIPES - weapons, armor, potions, and more!
- 25+ BLOCK TYPES to build anything you can imagine!
- 80+ MONSTERS!
- 8+ BOSSES!
- Over a DOZEN environments to explore!
- Dynamic water & lava, day/night cycles!
- 10+ NPCs to meet and recruit to your home!
- Kill the Wall of Flesh and change your world to Hard Mode! experience new enemies and biomes
- Use the Pwnhammer to destroy Demon Altars and create new ores
- XBOX Live leaderboards & achievements!
On a personal level, can I recommend this game? Yes. Having played the original PC version since its release back in 2011 (it's difficult to believe it has been three years already), Terraria is an exciting adventure game, mixed with some RPG elements, action and even some teamplay and simulation through building (think, Minecraft). For $4.99 on Windows Phone, it's a steal even if it is a solid mobile port.
As an added bonus, 505 Games have made it so Terraria will run on 512MB RAM sporting hardware!
Also, grab it on Steam when next on a PC. It's a superb game if you're into these kinds of genres. Thanks to everyone who tipped us!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.