Latest No Man's Sky patch restores corrupt saves on Xbox One [updated]
They fixed that quickly.
No Man's Sky finally launched on Xbox One last week, but it hasn't been a smooth experience for everyone. Social media websites like Twitter were flooded with reports that saved games were being corrupted. This usually happened when items were partially repaired. Luckily, Hello Games was able to identify the problem and quickly issue a patch.
Updated August 3, 2018: Hello Games released another roughly 1 GB patch on Friday which should fix this issue.
Updated August 2, 2018: It appears that this patch is also causing saved games to be corrupted.
Unfortunately, the first patch didn't restore many of the corrupted saved games. Today's update addresses that. If you own No Man's Sky on Xbox One, you can now download a roughly 4 GB update which contains a number of fixes. The patch has already been released for PC and PlayStation 4.
Some of the major problems fixed with this patch are listed below. For the complete patch notes, you can visit the developer's website.
- Fixed an issue which will restore more saved games for players who experienced corrupted saves before.
- Fixed an issue where players in underwater bases saw wrong animations.
- Fixed an issue where freighters incorrectly reported they didn't have enough fuel to warp.
- Fixed a crash during base building.
- Improved garbage collection and reduced physics memory usage.
- Fixed issue which could cause the game to crash during certain animations.
- Reduced memory usage of planetary textures from space.
It's great to see No Man's Sky quickly address the game-breaking bug. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.
- See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I was wondering why I couldn't warp with my freighter.
This is 100% false. I've got 2 saves worth over 45 hours of game time that are still corrupt. Might wanna add "SOME" to the title, notice how they said "more saved games" and not "all saved games"? Jumped the gun a bit bud.
It was this frakkin update that corrupted my game in the first place.