We haven’t mentioned the Windows Phone game Trine’s Hangman in some time. For those not familiar, Trine’s Hangman is a fantastic rendition of the classic hangman word games. The lifetime game mode tracks and saves your gaming progress, you can customize your gaming background images, and overall Trine’s Hangman is just a fun game to have in your Windows Phone gaming library.
Trine’s Hangman was recently updated to version 3.0, which has a healthy change log. The most notable additions to the game will probably be support for 720p and 1080p resolutions, support for multiple accounts from one phone and fine-tuning to improve performance on low-memory devices such as the Nokia Lumia 520.
The multiple account support allows each player to have separate settings unique to each account. Not only can your significant other be able to play Trine’s Hangman off their account from your phone but also you don’t have to sacrifice your settings in the process. You also have the ability to pin each player account to your Windows Phone Start Screen for quick and easy access.
Additional changes in the version 3.0 update include:
- Streamlined the change player name / password web pages so the experience is fluent from both phone and PC, including that the pages are opened with info prefilled when opened from the game on the phone.
- No black bars in top/bottom of the screen on 720p phones like the HTC 8X.
- No black bars in top/bottom of the screen on 1080p phones like the Nokia Lumia 1520.
- Trine’s Hangman will now notify about a new version when a new version is available.
- New look up page, makes it easier to both look up words and to report 'bad' words/sentences/phrases.
- New copy-to-clipboard option for played words.
- Two player mode can now be played with up to 50 rounds.
- New high-resolution icons for buttons in the menu bars.
- Accent color is matched to active background image, so the app always looks nice.
- Light theme has been removed.
- Trine’s Hangman will now have two versions, one for Windows Phone 8 and one for Windows Phone 7.x.
You also have the customary minor bug fixes and spelling corrections throughout the game.
Last but not least, you will also see a price drop with the paid version of Trine’s Hangman. While we have seen promotional offers lower the price of the game, the price has been permanently lowered from $1.99 to $1.29. The free version of Trine’s Hangman will remain fully featured with ads only showing up about once every five minutes.
If you are looking for an enjoyable word game for your Windows Phone, Trine’s Hangman is a fantastic option to consider. There are two versions available for both Windows Phone 7.x and 8 devices.
You have the ad-supported version of Trine’s Hangman, which is free, that you can find here in the Windows Phone Store. You also have Trine’s Hangman Pro that is running $1.29 in the Windows Phone Store.
Note: A version 3.1 update was submitted to the Microsoft Store for certification over the weekend to fix a few bugs dealing with the server side and a puzzle spelling error. This update should be live shortly.
How to sell your old Xbox to buy a new Xbox Series X, Series S
Looking to upgrade to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S? Here are our tips for selling your original Xbox One console.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
Here are the best Cyberpunk 2077 collectibles and merch
Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game, and is accompanied by a massive pool of collectibles, accessories, and merch for everyone from hardcore collectors to dabbling fans. Here are the best collectibles and merch for Cyberpunk 2077.