For those looking for a great Twitter client with a little personality, you may want to give Tweet It! a go on your Windows Phone. We’ve talked about the app in the past and gave it high remarks.
Since then, the app has gone through numerous transformations and it is up to version 5.1 (with the 5.x marker designating Windows Phone 8 status). That’s right, you can now get Notifications (Tile and/or Toast), Lockscreen notifications, doublewide Tile and fast resume all into a nifty little app.
What’s more, Tweet It! is on sale for $0.99 (usual price is $2.99) for a limited time and we think you may want to at least trial the app, to see if it’s to your liking.
Tweet It! brings some unique features to the table, features which we really like. We’ll just spin off a few of them:
- Adjustable Font size
- Voice input for Tweet
- #nowplaying (Ability to one tap Tweet what you’re listening to)
- Street Mode (background goes clear so you can read while walking)
- Bed Mode (orientation lock)
- Shake to refresh
- Photo uploading choices (re-sizing or not, takes into account Wi-Fi)
- Pinnable Tiles: New Tweet, #nowplaying, messages, drafts, search + trends, lists
- Rapid resume including type (normal or expert, the latter won’t erase Tile history)
- Gestures e.g. ‘two-finger tap’ for a certain behavior
- Spellchecking to confirm before uploading of Tweet
- Pocket/Read it later support
As you can see, that’s a heck of a lot of things wrapped into a nice, clean Metro UI Twitter client. It’s one of our favorites for a reason and the developer, Тимур Хамидов, who’s behind My Amazing Big Fork, has even more plans for the app. Indeed, we know that another update is coming next week with:
- Vine support (Twitter's new 6-second video service)
- Notifications based on location
Call us crazy but those are two features we haven’t see very often in Windows Phone Twitter clients, so we’re kind of excited for ‘em. As previously mentioned, the app normally goes for a pricey $2.99 but at $0.99 the app is certainly worth a moment of your time.
For us, we’re putting this in our top five, easyily (though we do wish for multiple account support).
Pick up Tweet It! for Windows Phone 7.x and Windows Phone 8 here in the Store with a free Trial. Highly Recommended.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.