Microsoft announced it will sponsor the Gears eSports Pro Circuit for Gears of War 4. The series of tournaments, held around the world, will have a total of $1 million to win for top eSports teams as they play the upcoming sci-fi shooter for the Xbox One and Windows 10.
Major League Gaming (MLG) and Gfinity will organize the tournaments. Microsoft stated:
Six tournament locations and prize pool amounts have been revealed so far:
- Nov. 25-27 in Columbus, Ohio - $250,000
- December 2016 in London, UK - $100,000
- Spring 2017, in Mexico City, Mexico - $75,000
- Spring 2017 in Columbus, Ohio - $100,000
- Spring/Summer 2017 in Paris, France - $75,000
- Summer 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada - $250,000
In addition, Microsoft and MLG will sponsor a $25,000 tournament for the actual launch of Gears of War 4 in Columbus, Ohio sometime in October, and there will be yet another tournament with a $100,000 prize pool at a "surprise" location. Gears of War 4 will officially be released on October 11.
See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.