Good news for those on Verizon sporting the Nokia Lumia 822 and who were wondering when your OS update was coming. We are told that update is now live for your device, boosting the OS to version 10211 in addition to adding new firmware to the mix. The rollout began at 10am PT/1PM ET.
Build 10211 of Windows Phone 8 aka ‘Portico’ adds all sorts of smaller but essential new features to the OS, including persistent Wi-Fi, SMS call reject, multiple inbox deletions for text messages, stability improvements and more...
The accompanying firmware too brings some new enhancements and fixes along the way, addressing some issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the micro SD expansion, making it sound like a noteworthy update. Here are the major points of the changelog:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enhancements for improved performance.
- Extended support for more microSD card manufacturers.
- Improved SD card functionality.
- Added capability to select an MP3 file as a ring tone (note: MP3 files loaded via a PC)
- Messaging enhancements to allow editing an MMS while forwarding.
- New functionality to multi-select recipients for a message and ignore calls with an SMS reply.
While most users will get a Toast notification over the next few days alerting them to the update, you can of course force check it right now by heading into Settings > Phone Update > Check for Updates to start downloading the OS and firmware updates. You will need to do that over Wi-Fi though as the update is quite large.
Total installation and update time could vary depending on much storage is left on your device but putting aside 20 minutes should be good enough for most users.
Did you get the update? Are you liking the changes? Give us feedback in comments and tell us your thoughts or head into our Lumia 822 Forums. More info about the update can now be found at Verizon.