Viber for Windows 10 PC and Mobile ditches beta label and adds video calling
Viber has announced that its Windows 10 UWP app for PC and Mobile is leaving its beta stage after first launching in June. The popular VoIP app also has a number of new features, including video calling.
Viber announced the new features in its blog (via MSPU):
- Video calls on mobile - Probably the most requested feature we've received for the Windows 10 app is video calling - and with good reason. What is better than having the face of person you're talking to right there in front of you at the tap of a button?
- Quick Reply - For those of us who can't be bothered to open each and every message, this feature is a serious time-saver. Viber pops up messages outside of the app so that you can reply quickly and get on with whatever you're doing.
- Cortana Support - Your phone calls and text messages can now be 100% voice from start to finish. Cortana has dialing and texting covered for you. No need for fingers! But keep the fingers, you'll need them for other things.
- Like messages in group conversations - Message likes eliminate the need to think of what to say when you want to express that you like or enjoy or have positive feelings towards someone's message (or photo or video or link or file or...you get that it's anything that's sent in a conversation, right?)
- Share to Viber - Spot something that must be sent to your crew, like, now? Share links, text, photos, videos and location easily to your Viber conversations from within any Windows 10 app.
Viber adds that the Windows 10 app lets users quickly access their most recent and favorite chats from the Start screen. The update also adds support for Russian and Portuguese languages.
Download Viber from the Windows Store
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.