Weekly photo contest: Abstract
It's the middle of the week, which means it's time for another weekly photo contest. Bust out your Windows Phone and go out to capture some abstract images for this week's contest.
Winner from last week
There were a ton of good entries into last week's art contest, but I had to settle on the one I liked the most. Congrats to Albene for winning! And congrats to everyone else who entered you're all very talented! Head to the forums to check out all entries.
User Albene took this photo with his Lumia 1020 and edited with Fhotoroom. It's A low-angle shot of Fuzzy Grids II: A Participatory Artwork at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles.
This week you're going to have to get really creative. We're doing abstract photography and your goal is to make the ordinary look extraordinary.
I captured the photo with the Lumia 1520 and played around with the vibrance, temperature and contrast inside Adobe Photoshop for Windows Phone. I then cropped the image for our site. You might have seen it last night if you follow me on Instagram (@samsabri). Can you guess what it is?
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (October 14) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Phone Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
- Windows Phone Central – Photo Contests
- Weekly photo contest: Abstract
Good luck and have fun!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
By Jez Corden
Is it tree?
3) Convey and transfer to Sponsor all copyright and other rights, title and ownership in and to your Photo;