Let's get sweet for the photo contest this week. Our theme will be dessert and we'll be exploring the world of cakes, tarts, cookies, biscuits, pastries, ice creams, pies, puddings and more!
Winner from last week
There were a ton of good entries into last week's HDR contest, but I had to settle on the one I liked the most. Congrats to nikito27 for winning! And congrats to everyone else who entered you're all very talented! Head to the forums to check out all entries.
Congrats to nikito27 on the above photo. It's a beautiful shot of Ponte Sant'Angelo in Rome captured by his Lumia 930. He used the HDR app 4Blend and retouched the photo using Adobe Photoshop. Isn't your Windows Phone wonderful?
Who doesn't look forward to dessert? Whether it's after dinner or just because, everyone loves dessert! Show us favorite dessert photo in this week's photo contest!
The above photo was captured by me using the Lumia 925. The ice cream is from Mora Iced Creamery on Bainbridge Island. Go there the next time you're visiting the Seattle area!
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (September 30) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Phone Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
- Windows Phone Central – Photo Contests
- Weekly photo contest: Dessert
Good luck and have fun!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.