Microsoft has just pushed out another Windows 10 preview build to PC, bringing the build number up to 14361. As with all newly released builds, this one contains more than new features: there are also a number of fixes and known issues tagging along.
Here's a rundown of the issues you can expect to be fixed on both PC:
Fixes and Improvements for PC
- We fixed the issue causing keyboard navigation in Store apps like Netflix or Tweetium to not work.
- We fixed the issue causing certain websites like YouTube to fail to render in Microsoft Edge or IE due to a recently implemented feature called TCP Fast Open.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a strange grey bar frequently being seen on the left side of the Microsoft Edge browser window (for example, after invoking a context menu).
- The window of active hours for when you are using your PC has been increased from 10 to 12 hours under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and "Change active hours".
- We have updated the download notification in Microsoft Edge to include filename, download status, and site domain on separate lines.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the icons to disappear from the tabs in Microsoft Edge after the DPI change corresponding with remotely connecting to the PC via Remote Desktop.
- We fixed an issue where DNG file thumbnails were not displaying in File Explorer.
- We polished the appearance of Start by reducing the amount of whitespace at the top of Start, and adding logic so that the scrollbars will immediately hide once your mouse is no longer hovering over that area. We also fixed an issue resulting in clipping on the bottom or side of Start's context menus.
- We fixed an issue where pressing the Enter key would not submit the Wi-Fi password in the network flyout from the taskbar.
- We decreased the size of icons used in notifications from 64×64 to 48×48 – maintaining the visibility, while improving the use of space in the Action Center.
- We have improved the reliability of Cortana's listening after tapping the mic button and fixed an issue that resulted in focus being lost to Cortana's search box after a typed search has been deleted via backspace.
- We have updated Windows Defender to not show recap notifications in normal mode if no scans have been run, or in scan-only mode if no threads have been found.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in certain apps, such as Photos, not being able to set the desktop background.
- Going forward from Build 14361, your Task Manager settings will now be preserved across build updates.
- We fixed an issue where Start wouldn't dismiss after launching Sticky Notes, leading to Sticky Notes appearing behind Start.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to set your account picture in Settings using the camera option.
- We have added a keyboard shortcut for opening the taskbar's clock and calendar flyout – this shortcut is WIN + Alt + D.
- We fixed an issue where Command Prompt wasn't maximizing correctly on high DPI monitors. We also fixed an issue where >- >- Command Prompt wouldn't refresh the windows properly when doing an upwards Ctrl + F search with a long output of text.
- We fixed an issue where the taskbar's volume icon was showing incorrect states for 0% and muted.
- We fixed an issue where applying a new save location on the Storage Settings page for any one file type would result in any other pending save location changes being lost.
Known Issues for PC
- If you have a French Windows 10 Insider Preview build installed on your PC, you will not receive Build 14361. There is an issue with the French translation process in this build that would revert a lot of text that was used to be shown in French back to English. So we have chosen not to release this build to Insiders whose base build is French. If your base build is not French and you have a French Language Pack installed – you will still be able to install the new French language pack on top of this build, but this issue will also impact you.
- Text prediction using the Japanese IME will freeze your PC. To avoid this issue and continue using the Japanese IME, we recommend turning off text prediction. You can do this by right-clicking IME mode icon "A" or "あ" in systray and selecting "Properties", clicking "Advanced", and navigate to the "Predictive Input" tab and check off "Use predictive input system". You can turn on prediction feature again by checking it on.
- Navigating to the Privacy pages in Settings app will crash the Settings app and prevent you from adjusting your privacy settings. Your privacy settings already set will remain intact after updating to this build. If this is a blocker for you, you can move to the Slow ring until this bug is fixed or be sure to set your privacy settings before updating to this build.
- If you click on a file download link, it will open a tab and close it without doing anything in Microsoft Edge. The workaround is to go to the Download pane and start the download there by clicking "Save" or "Save As".
- For certain languages, such as Chinese or Portuguese (Brazil), you will not be able to launch Start while an app is installing.
On one last note, Microsoft says that it plans to run another Bug Bash event starting next week. Over the course of 4 days, Windows Insiders will be able to take on a slew of new quests to help squash a ton bugs in specific areas of Windows 10. Stay tuned for more information on that when the event kicks off next week.
Hi guys! Is there any way to download this update on L525.......becoz it is not available by fast ring insider program....
There is not. Your phone will not get RS1. Ever. Sorry. Windows Central for Windows 10-Nokia Lumia 830
Apps that change lockscreen and startscreen are still broken by new builds.
They work now for me. I use Dynamic Theme and Brilli Wallpaper changer!
How do they work for you when they don't even work for the creators? Did you clean install afterwards? I'm on a 950XL
Great! I should get into insider on pc too.
Is there a guide on how to become an insider on the pc?
Wow, looks like a healthy list of fixes.
That nice Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
The Sticky Notes have disappeared altogether for me... All my notes are gone and the program itself is nowhere to be found on the Start Menu!
Edge is a disaster on this build! Often unresponsive, often closes without reason. But other browser too are working much less than optimal, IE-11, FF and Opera all have their moments.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.