Microsoft has published a new update for those on Windows 10 for PC. Build 10586.164 is going out as general patch found under KB3140768. This update is for all Windows 10 PCs and is not part of the Insider program.
This update follows the same release for Windows 10 Mobile, but for those only on the Insider Slow or Production Rings. See our earlier coverage of that update here.
Here is what is new.
Windows 10 PC build 10586.164 (KB3140768)
- Improved support for Bluetooth, wearables, and apps accessing contacts.
- Improved reliability in app installation and Narrator.
- Improved performance for hibernation, content entry in apps, and downloading and installing updates.
- Fixed issue that didn't allow login to an Xbox from a PC running Windows 10.
- Fixed security issue created when attempting to play corrupted content.
- Fixed security issue that could allow remote code execution while viewing a PDF in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed additional issues with .NET Framework, Internet Explorer 11, and networking.
- Fixed additional security issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, USB storage driver, kernel mode drivers, .NET Framework, graphic fonts, OLE, secondary logon, PDF library, and Adobe Flash Player.
The update is currently live and can be installed by going into All Settings > Update & security > Windows update > Check for update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.