White Pages ID, a fantastically-useful little caller ID app, is now available for Windows 10 Mobile. Similar to the popular Truecaller app, Whitepages ID offers up a free way to identify phone numbers that you don't have in your address book when they come calling. In addition, you'll get automatic warnings about suspected spammers along with easy call blocking and more. Here's a quick rundown of the main features of Whitepages ID:
- Caller ID: Only take calls from people you want to talk to. Take calls from friends not in your phone book. Pick up the call from your doctor. Never miss an important call from someone trying to get in touch.
- Call Blocker: Black list spam, scams, and annoying telemarketer or political calls and send them straight to voice mail. Call blocker that black lists and stop calls and SMS messages to take your privacy back.
- Scam & Spam Protection: Alerts automatically appear to warn you if an incoming call is from suspected spam. Easily report spam callers, scams, and SMS spam to stop them from contacting other users in the Whitepages community.
- Phone Book Contact Photos: See the latest profile photo, job title and city information for friends, family, co-workers and business associates from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- True Contacts: Add names and addresses from the Whitepages directory to your phone book contacts to keep them true, complete and up to date.
- Save Money: Reduce the amount of minutes that unknown calls and unknown text messages use up.
The app makes a nice alternative to Truecaller if it's not your thing for one reason or another, so it's worth checking out. At the moment, it looks like the app is only available for those in the U.S., however, so do be aware of that. In any case, if you'd like to check it out, you can hit up the link below to grab Whitepages ID from the Windows Store.
Thanks, Srini, for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.