- You can now make your device "passwordless" which removes the traditional password option from the login screen and instead relies entirely on Windows Hello methods of authentication.
- A new overview section for the Languages area in Settings lets you quickly know which languages are selected as default for their Windows display, Apps & websites, Regional format, Keyboard, and Speech.
- A new cloud download option will let users recover and reinstall Windows without an ISO or physical media on hand.
- The optional features area has been updated with a new UI that features multiselect, search, and more.
- Mouse cursor speed settings are now available within the modern Settings app.
- A new network status page is present with an updated UI and more options.
- Cloud Download is now a recovery option when factory resetting your device.
- Disk type is now visible within Task Manager.
- Settings has a new account header along the top on the homepage.
- There are now new download throttling options for Windows Update in Settings.
- The languages area in Settings has been redesigned to easier see the current state of language settings at a glance.
- Magnifier has an updated UI.
- Snip & Sketch now supports single-window mode, zoom, and improved WIN+Shift+S discoverability.
- Task Manager now shows GPU temperature when a dedicated GPU is present.
- Notepad is now a Microsoft Store app that is updated independantly from the OS.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.