Microsoft is shifting another net Windows 10 preview build to Slow ring Insiders today. Build 16291, which first went out to Fast ring Insiders earlier this week, is now on its way to the Slow ring with a handful of fixes in tow. Here's a recap of what's new in build 16291:
What's new for PC?
- Resume from phones to PC with Cortana: Cortana users can now resume articles, news from their iPhones and Android phones to PC from within the Cortana app. This exciting feature comes in addition to the existing features where users can sync reminders, notifications and SMS across their devices and stay connected on the go!
Fixes and improvements for PC
- We fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update's update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you'd just done.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn't working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- We fixed an issue where pin reset above lock ("I forgot my PIN") would only work the first time the password was reset.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- We fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
This release comes ahead of what Windows Insider chief Dona Sarkar has said will be a busy next few days for Insiders as the team continues to smash bugs ahead of the October 17 Fall Creators Update release. As such, don't expect any big new features, but do expect to see lots of bug fixes going out on the Fast ring.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Running on my pc like a charm updated it in the morning
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.