Another week, another Windows 10 Insider Preview build for Insiders in the Fast ring! Today's build is 17733 and features mostly under the hood changes, a couple of removed UI elements, and the completion of File Explorer dark mode!
- With Build 17666 we started our journey bringing dark theme to File Explorer. Today's build marks the turning point where we've finished what we set out to do for this release.
- Thanks everyone for your feedback about the XAML shadows we added recently. We're taking them offline for the moment while we work on addressing some of the things you shared with us. You will also notice that the acrylic has been removed from some popup controls. They will be back in a future flight.
- We fixed an issue from recently flights where the touch keyboard might become invisible on the screen.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where components of a notification with a progress bar (like the one when using nearby sharing) might flash every time the progress bar updated.
- We fixed an issue where on certain devices if you reset your device and chose to keep files, after logging back into Windows the Sound Settings page would be unresponsive.
- We fixed the issue where the High Contrast dropdown flashed when the values were changed.
As always, head to the Windows Blog for the complete changelog, including a list of known issues and more!
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.