Windows 10 build 17733 now rolling out for Insiders in the Fast ring
File Explorer's new dark mode is complete in the latest Insider build!
Another week, another Windows 10 Insider Preview build for Insiders in the Fast ring! Today's build is 17733 and features mostly under the hood changes, a couple of removed UI elements, and the completion of File Explorer dark mode!
- With Build 17666 we started our journey bringing dark theme to File Explorer. Today's build marks the turning point where we've finished what we set out to do for this release.
- Thanks everyone for your feedback about the XAML shadows we added recently. We're taking them offline for the moment while we work on addressing some of the things you shared with us. You will also notice that the acrylic has been removed from some popup controls. They will be back in a future flight.
- We fixed an issue from recently flights where the touch keyboard might become invisible on the screen.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where components of a notification with a progress bar (like the one when using nearby sharing) might flash every time the progress bar updated.
- We fixed an issue where on certain devices if you reset your device and chose to keep files, after logging back into Windows the Sound Settings page would be unresponsive.
- We fixed the issue where the High Contrast dropdown flashed when the values were changed.
As always, head to the Windows Blog for the complete changelog, including a list of known issues and more!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zac Bowden is a Senior Editor at Windows Central. Bringing you exclusive coverage into the world of Windows on PCs, tablets, phones, and more. Also an avid collector of rare Microsoft prototype devices! Keep in touch on Twitter: @zacbowden.