Microsoft is rolling out a new Windows 10 version 1809 Insider Preview builds for those in the Fast ring today that brings with it more fixes and under the hood improvements. Today's build is 17758, and is packing a handful of changes, and one known issue.
- Storage Sense has embarked on a path to keep your storage optimized. We're making continuous improvements in every feature update. From Build 17720 and later, we're adding a new capability and making a few changes to Storage Sense's behavior. Storage Sense now has the capability to automatically free up disk space by making older, unused, locally available files be available online-only.
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We're just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe crashing recently when clicking on the "Import photos and videos" option from an autoplay notification.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
That's it for today's build. We're now at the very final stretch of development, with new builds only including bug fixes and under the hood improvements. Windows Central understands that Microsoft wants to roll the build it intends to release to the public out to Insiders next week, meaning RTM is just around the corner.